Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
HAHAHA They are too cute! I'm just wondering what the pup thinks of the boys in the crate?!? The crate instructions really say its not for crate training and don't leave your dog unattended? That's silly! A dog obviously wrote those instructions... "Never leave your alone, and let him run loose in your house and destroy everything you own!"

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gunner is doing fine. He seems to like his new crate. It is funny he has so much room that he now sleeps on his back with his legs stretched out. We still put him in the medium crate at night in our room. I am going to transition him to the big boy crate for night time in a week or two. He will have to sleep by himself downstairs. Poor Baby! Any tips?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wish I had a tip for you about having him sleep downstairs by himself, but I don't... We had planned on Summer sleeping downstairs by herself in the crate... then we decided we'd have her sleep in our room in the crate... then in our room on a blanket on the floor... and now we share a pillow! LOL! For the few weeks she did sleep on the first floor by herself in the crate, she was fine. I think they get used to it. Good luck!

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
57 Posts
:oops: New home- crate - duh!

You could put his favorite toys in there and maybe a kong with a treat in it to keep him busy. Maybe start hm off for a few minutes at a time, 5-10 minutes, then see how that works and gradually add time in.

Digby whined at first too, but he has made the transition and seems very happy in his crate. When he is tired and wants to shut out the world, he goes in there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes! :p

Your kids are cute! my son is 9, when we first got Digby he used to go into his crate while he was in there. Now Digby and the cat share the crate. It is the weirdest thing!

Chris

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gunner and the boys are both enjoying the new crate. I just need to figure out how to get Gunner to sleep in the crate at night. He does fine in the smaller crate (located near my bed), but it is time for him to move downstairs. I am going to wait till the weekend. Wish us luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts