Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we finally found a puppy. After all my months of research and talking to everyone on the forum, last weekend we brought home Wrigley - a F1b Goldendoodle. He's 13 weeks and already almost 25 lbs. He's so mellow at first I thought something may be wrong w/him. He is very sweet and is already totally attached to me. He cries whenever I leave the room and follows me everywhere.

G

·
Amy congrats on getting your pup! Maya was like that with me for the few weeks. Then it was independence time. But she still gets in her moods when she wants Mama and comes up and curls up in my lap. When she was 25 lbs she fit fine. Now at 60 lbs not so much but she still tries.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Congrats on your new puppy :) Please share more photos when you can.

Love the name by the way...I wanted to get a female dog and name her Shea...my husband vetoed that one!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH AMY...........congrats!!!! you must be soooooooooo excited after so much research!!

hahahaa love that WRIGLEY name hahahaaaaaaaaaa
can't wait to see his pics!!!!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! Isn't it GREAT!!!!? Wrigley! I love it!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Wrigley! Now that's a great name for a Ball park :lol: Not to GUM up the thread :shock: :roll: Welcome :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wrigley

I was amazed at how soft his coat is. He's an F1b Goldendoodle - when they get their adult coat does it get any coarser or do they keep the nice softness. And what about the color? Right now he's a very sandy color, which I really like.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hmmm...well I think Wrigley's coloring looks a bit like Dexter's (F1B labradoodle) did at that age...here is Dex at 11 weeks...

and at 1.5 yrs - you can see he's mostly white - he has a little apricot left on his ears and tail...

Wrigley looks a bit more apricot than Dex was so he may keep more of the darker coloring :) Most F1B goldendoodles I've seen have had very very curly poodle like coats.

Oh yeah - I did not see a major change in the softness of Dexter's coat as he got older...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
coat type

Yea, his coloring is a lot like Dexter's, except Wrigley has a black nose. His ears are a darker apricot /golden color.

·
Registered
63 Posts
He's a doll-baby fur ball! Love him! We are getting our pup in April, he's still with his mama and his name is also going to be Wrigley- as we are big cubs fans :wink: I let my husband name him and I was pretty sure there would be some sort of sports reference.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts