Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a solid what, you ask? why, poop, of course! what else would make a doodle owner oh-so-happy!

the story: we were gone for about a week and sammy was at a new kennel, which was close to the airport and significantly cheaper than anything here in town (quick rant - she came home smelling AWFUL and needed an immediate bath. i have no idea what she got into there!). we felt absolutely awful leaving her with all her tummy issues, but we had to attend a family wedding. right before we left she started on a 5-day antibiotic and i started feeding her some kibble & canned food after a week on the bland diet. i was SO anxious to see her first poop when she got home today and see if the meds worked! unfortunately, the poop was in the living room, but still - it was solid!!!

hurray!!! she's now eating canidae which she seems to like better than solid gold (i think it helps that the kibble is smaller) with some canned food - i don't think she's gained any weight yet, but at least she's eating! i hope this good trend continues!

·
Registered
247 Posts
i know the feeling all too well :) it's funny how discussing dog poop becomes a regular part of your life - and your relationship.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drum roll please... there was a solid poop outside too! woohoo! let's see if we can keep that up and limit the inside pottying.

another random question - does anyone else's doodle prefer to eat off a human plate (i.e. flat) than their doggy dish?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
goodheart said:
drum roll please... there was a solid poop outside too! woohoo! let's see if we can keep that up and limit the inside pottying.

another random question - does anyone else's doodle prefer to eat off a human plate (i.e. flat) than their doggy dish?
All my cats eat from round plates so Denver prefers them over his
doggy dishes.................

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yay Sammy! I bet she is glad you are home, too!
Tyke eats cottage cheese from our plates when we are done, but usually eats everything else from her own bowl!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
We never let our dogs eat from our plates - we don't want them to like something like that or start to beg while we eat off our plate. I'm sure Dex would just love a plate though :wink:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She isn't actually eating off our plates - she's pretty good about not begging at the table. I just noticed that she wasn't eating out of her bowl, so I put her food (kibble etc.) on a flat plate and she gobbled it up! Weird!

She also seems to have forgotten her house manners at the kennel - she tried to poop in the house again this morning! I did manage to catch this one in time and averted it. And it was mostly solid... More solid than before anyways, so we'll see how this goes.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
as they say POOP HAPPENS just that when they're solid ones hahhaa we get excited hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa
congrats on the solid ones :wink: :D

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Here's to solid poo's!! HOORAY! Man I know what that's like!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

ON the SOLID ONE :mrgreen:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahaha, yeah me too! I had read all about dog owners inspecting and talking about poop regularly, but it is even more amusing now that I do it too! =)

I am happy to report we have had 90% solid poops since we've been back home. I also bought a new product at our local holistic pet store yesterday that I hope will help as well - has anyone used OptaGest? It is a natural digestive supplement. The vet who owns the store said she'd seen good results with it, so we'll see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts