Labradoodle Forums banner

Field Trip to the ER (as narrated by Boyd Magruder)

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Cinsmom 
G
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Boy! Did I have an exciting afternoon yesterday! I haven't been feeling well since last Thursday (waking Mom and Dad in the middle of the night to go out) and even leaving them a "present" in the kitchen Saturday morning. I thought I was feeling better but then I started throwing up Monday evening into Tuesday morning under cover of darkness.

Well, when Mom came downstairs yesterday she saw all the mess and discovered some sort of fabric material entwined in everything else. She was worried but when she saw that I had done my business and ate breakfast she decided to go to work and left a note for the dog walker to update her on me.

I was really lethargic and kept hacking so after a call to the vet, mom and dad left work early to take me to the ER. I forgot to tell you, I threw up one more time after the dog walker left, but just a little bile.

At the ER, even though I wasn't feeling well, I still tried to eat whatever I could find on the floor.... I just can't control myself.

Then I got to go to the x-ray room and they found a "foreign object" in my stomach. They said it's a good thing that I threw most of it up and that what's left is small enough to pass. (Mom has to make sure it comes out though or back we go.)

As for dad, he says he's going to call me Steve Austin because I'm the six million dollar dog. I don't know what that means but I do know that I got to snuggle with mom and dad on the couch all night long!

xoxo, Boyd.

See less See more
#2 ·
Boyd:
So glad you are doing better. Is it not great that we have people who love us so much that they take time from work or whatever to take us to the vet and make sure we get the right care and medicine. I had a bad experience in the summer with wasps and my Mom & Dad had to rush me to the Doggy ER. I recovered well but could not not have done so without my "people"

We are very blessed Boyd and once again Take care of yourself and my tail is just a wagging with happiness, that you are feeling better. :wink:

Denver

#3 ·
Boyd: aren't our mom's and dad's great!!! they fuss over us like little children and rush us to the vet's when we dont' feel well. Glad to hear you're going to OK fellow doodle buddy of mine!!

And I hear ya on those tasty chewable things we get into, don't know why we do it but is sure is fun!! too bad we have tummy upsets kinda kills the fun but we always go back for more heh heh heh---isnt' that our mommie and daddie's job is to tell us when to STOP being so doggone curious?oh i keep forgetting too, oh well.

WOW Boyd...congrats on the new name 6million dollars huh!! cool!!! 8) you're special bud!!! i'm jealous of your new name.
My mom only paid $240 for my 2 vet visits in the past week or so i'm not as famous as you yet. :wink:

OH BOYD watch out for those things with legs that crawl up walls and the other ones with wings...man can they make ya swell up like a balloon.
Then you CHEW or EAT anything you find on the floors---otherwise keep up the good work Boyd!!!! :D

high five to a speedy recovery !!
sincerely
Max the doodle

#4 ·
Boyd,

I am so glad you are feeling better. I haven't been feeling well lately either, I decided to eat something outside that was not good for me and my mom and dad had to take me to the vet due to me having the runs over the weekend. Thankfully they found no problems, but my mom has to make me boiled chicken and rice, which is very YUMMY! I feel better now, but it wasn't good when I was sick. Thank god people love us so much to take such good care of us.

Happy Tailwagging
Frankie

#6 ·
Boyd,
Sometimes we just can't help ourselves. Food is great but when there is a tag on a blanket or toy---I just have to chew it off right? Walls are kind of yummy, I also love water bottles, pictures, homework and cell phones. And who doesn't like socks!

Glad you're feeling better. When I get older I'm going to start listening to my people about what I should and shouldn't eat. It seems to work for Chester!

Arf,
Archie

#8 ·
BOYD

tell me, what's the best thing you've ever eaten and still survived both the ER and your parent's dissapointment?

eagerly wagging my tail while waiting,
MAX ( oh they call me Mac Attack...I still don't know why) :wink:

G
#9 ·
Hi guys! I am feeling much better now. Mom gave me a new toy this morning and I've been playing with it. I also got lots of TLC from the dog walker and Kelly who comes to play with me after school. I have so much more energy than yesterday and my walk was really fun today!

Thanks for all your well wishes.

#10 ·
Boyd,
I'm glad to hear you're better. I almost got away with somting that would have taken me to the ER, but that spoiled sport dad of mine wouldn't let me eat Gramma's african violet! All i got to do was shake the dirt every where before he took it away! Then he vacuumed and swept up all the dirt.

Jonah

PS: I got him back by eating the phone book today! :twisted:

G
#11 ·
Boyd,
So glad you didn't need that nasty thing humans call surgery! My doberman friend ate a craft project and some dryer sheets and he just had to have it. Glad you are feeling better.
Love,
Bella

#14 ·
BOYD,
IM HAPPY YOU ARE HEALTHY AGAIN, YOU HAVE NICE PARENTS WHO LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
MINE SAT WITH ME LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS IN LABOR AND CUDDLED AND PET ME AND REASSURED ME IT WOULD BE OK, AND I HAD 3 HEALTHY BABIES. IM HAVING SO MUCH FUN LICKING THEIR HINIES ALL DAY , AND MY MOMMY AND DADDY VISIT ME AND FEED ME WATER AND FOOD... IM SO LUCKY TOO JUST LIKE YOU ...NO WORRIES IN THE WORLD.
YOUR DOODLE FRIEND,
KELSEY

#15 ·
Boyd talking to Jonah:

" hey jonah!! tell your daddy that you shred,chew and rip phone books up cuz they're boring!!! maybe he should leave out a Clive Cussler or Dean Koontz or Dan Brown book you can read and thumb through the first say oh 7 or 8 chapters ...they're good reading--Max told me so!!! and those rugs people pick out!! if we didn't chew them they'd never learn HOW to decorate correctly. geez some doodle parents just don't get it. And those fuzzy leaves on african violets ewwwww ...gotta get rid of those kind!! they're not right...leaves are supposed to be shiny"

G
#16 ·
I can't say I've eaten anything else that required this much attention from my mom and dad but mom thinks it's really disgusting when I pick up dead mice on our walks and start chewing on them. She gets this really weird look on her face and then for some reason puts her hand in my mouth and digs around. I'm really good at hiding it though but then I get bored and spit it out b/c it's very chewy. Sometimes they are really stinky too!

Last night I felt sooooooooooooo much better that I was back to stealing dish cloths off the counter and making mom play fetch with my new toy. I also barked once when mom and dad went to bed b/c I wasn't done having fun yet.

#17 ·
Wow, you guys are lucky.

I like to find dead things to eat while Mom's not looking. It's fun to find them in the fields. You never know what the coyotes leave behind. I always end up getting caught, but someitmes she doesn't catch me in time and I end up throwing it up later.

When we went for my walk this morning, Mom let me one hold her weights for a while but she made me give it back. I thought it might be fun to chew on but I guess that's not what they're for. *sigh!*

Give your parents a hug today! They are so cute while they're being trained!

Cinnamon

#18 ·
Lately the only thing I find is deer droppings...ohh they are soooo good to eat but my MOM pulls me away before I can taste them :evil: So I now roll in them every chance I get!!! that'll teach her not to let me have outside natural deer treats. :D sigh then I have to take a shower, fight that NOISY thing that blows hot air at you---- I will bite it to death one day for sure! and then I race around the house at 100mph daring everyone to even attempt to catch me!!!

OH winter boots taste great...if you don't get caught :roll: I try every day at least 10 or more times but MOM always convinces me to "drop it" and I don't know why i listen to her. HEY GOT a NEW BONE Today mmmm

#20 ·
CINSMOM....you must watch what your doodle types as she is trying to corrupt my sweet totally innocent very well trained doodle MAX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.