Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I would share what I found (which you all may know but I just made it up and am proud!) that works really well on my female in season.

size 4 little girls underwear! with a pantiliner in.
I put them on her backwards, they come just under her tail!
this time she was a little wiser so I added a piece of tape

if your interested I could get a pic.

there isnt a thing that she would keep on
or that wouldnt move that I could find before I figured this out.

and this is such an inexpensive option.

now can anyone tell me why this is her second season since just having pups! :roll: :?

m~

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gracielou said:
I can't answer the questions about her heat cycle I just wanted to add I use little boy undies and slip the tail through the front of them. :lol:
I knew i couldnt be the first!! Sure does work good huh? :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Well, you are the first with the little girl undies! I have tried the little boy undies too, but the size was too small and I never tried larger.

I do want to caution you to watch your girls very carefully when you are using something to control the mess and protect the female...I used the commercial undies for Lexie and she went out to potty in them! I discovered this right away and took the undies off and changed to another, new (clean) pair...well, she got a HORRIBLE infection...she was miserable and I was not able to breed her...which I had planned to do.

Fortunately, Lexie has long heat cycles and the vet was able to treat her with meds that would not harm the puppies and we were able to let her breed on that cycle. We had a healthy litter of puppies, our first litter!

But now I don't use any undies...she got really sick.

About the heat cycles, how long after giving birth was the first? The second?

Lexie has heat cycles about every 4-5 months, but since she had her litter in December, she had a heat cycle in May, but is acting like she is starting another cycle. Soooo, the short answer is that I don't know about your girls heat cycle...but I do know that sometimes you get a rare girl that cycles early and often.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jac I will now carefully watch her for infection. We have learned about accidently letting her out with undies on. Actually the more I think about it, it could have been with the black plastic thingy but whichever it was not pleasant! Now I say to my husband don't let bob the builder out and he knows that means she has her protection on! The first attempt at the undies we used a pair of bob the builder (a childrens cartoon character!) underwear my daughter had outgrew! Its our little way of teasing her :)

my girls typical cycle is 4 months. her gestation is on the short side as well. she bled a lot after pups, but no signs ever of infection and vet agreed. pups were 4 weeks old when she started to slightly bleed and my males took a little notice to her. it was a light cycle (if it was a cycle). Its been almost 3 months since then and a good 6 months since her cycle that resulted in the pups. She is definitely in full cycle now.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
What a funny story...Bob the Builder! Too cute!

It is tough when the girls cycle so often. Chase is usually my best indicator...when he starts to lick her ears, we know she is getting ready (and so is he!...He's such a romantic... :D )

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The only time I really use panties is if I'm traveling with one to get her bred, like when I took Lucy to Austin and I stayed in a motel so no way would I have forgotten to take them off to take her outside what a site that would have been :shock:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Training Pants

I figured out for my girls first cycles to use the padded training pants so they don't leak through. Like you, I'm careful to give them lots of "airing out" time outside to avoid infection, but this sure keeps the spots off the carpet. I went with the boy ones first but it seemed uncomfortable on their tails (because the undies are thicker). I have a mini F1 GD and mini F1 LD so I used size 3T-- a bit difficult to find but WalMart came through for me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts