Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we've feeding Chester (2 years) and Archie (3 months) apart. I tried giving both of them their food at the same time and they were more interested in the other's dish than their own. What do you multi-doodle families do?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Our doodles our 6months apart...and at first we fed them together ...but over the last few months they now have a strange pattern of eating...If its the regular dog food...Zoey lays down and watches Nezzie eat ...Nezzie eats for awhile goes away and then its Zoey turn...Kind of like Zoey has developed dog manners...We do two bowls but it makes no difference she waits...
Now if we put pieces of steak in the two bowls...all manners our out the window and its first come first serve....We never feed our dogs from the table they lay in the kitchen and watch us eat...so not sure if its an Alpha behavior or not ...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi Chesterpal, I have been feeding Lani and Toby at the same time in two different bowls. Just like with toys doesn't matter they want what the other has, they eat out of the same bowl and move on to the next. They get the same food and are cleose enough in age it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi...we feed all of our dogs at the same time, and we leave it out as free feeding throughout the day because sometimes they eat at different times. What I like about this is that no one gets possessive over the food, everyone gets fed and it is much easier for me.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Hey, I thought I would weigh in with my thoughts about different dogs, different foods. In the case of Chester and Archie, I would assume you have an adult food and puppy food side by side right? In that case I think I'd be tempted to give ARchie his food in a crate or separate from Chester for the sake of his getting his puppy-nutrition or at least most of it.

We have one senior dog and 3 young adults, generally, and I don't sweat it too much but if I have a nursing Mom then I try to make sure someone else isn't getting her puppy food so she's left with nothing but a "diet" or senior food.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts