Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Maya just turned 7 mos. Could she be in a fear stage? She used to be fine when I vaccumed but now she is running from the vaccum. Also last night I had some balloons wrapped around the rail by my staircase and when they moved she ran in fear. She has never done this before. I didn't do anything when she ran other than laugh and tell her she was silly. How long does this usually last?

·
Registered
560 Posts
My dog was about 8 years old when she developed a fear of balloons. We didn't figure it out initially. She was lying on her pillow shaking uncontrollably. I was close to taking her to the hospital (thinking she was having a heart attack). Finally realized it was the balloons the boys were playing with. I put them in the basement and then she started to refuse to go down there too. Got to the point where we just couldn't have them in the house anymore - it was too hard on her and we couldn't get her over it. So I don't know if it's just a phase that she will get through although my dog was much older when she got the fear so it may be different.

Bailey is afraid of the vaccum also. I put him in his crate where he feels safe and he seems ok. Not sure how to get him over it. My other dog used to attack the vaccum!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver had a fear period around the same age
and then again around 11 months and now seems to
be having another at 18 months, although this one is
less intense...........
These periods never lasted more than two weeks
about 9-11 days was the norm for us.............

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hopefully it's just a phase

Annabelle has never like the vacumn - she runs outside when I get it out She absolutely is petrified of measuring tapes, yard sticks and even the small 1/4" wide sewing meas tape I have, just a wooss :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Right now Ebbe (13 mos.) is going through this separation thing when I take her to daycare!

It used to be she'd run over other dogs, little old ladies and the staff to get into the play area.
Now she is throwing herself at me and holding on ... :shock:
It has nothing to do with daycare because they can't get her to leave when I come to pick her up! :roll:

But I do think it is a phase ... as she displayed different fears periodically since she was about 7/8 mos. old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts