Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took these pictures on the way home this afternoon....thru New Hampshire and Massachusetts...too dark for Connecticut by the time we got there...Enjoy! :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Great pictures Kathie - we do get color here, but i still miss NewEngland in the fall. All the cheese and basket shops in Vermont and maple sugar candy yummmmm

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Oh Kathie, thanks for the fall color fix. Couldn't believe it when I saw the Leominster sign. LOL, I used to live in Acton as a kid. I sure miss those fall colors. We only get muddy browns here in TX, some yellow, occasional red, but nothing like New England foliage. Woooohoooo!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small world Meg!!! We take the back roads home, as there is NO WAY we're getting on 495 south!!! hahahaha....crazy as a bed bug drivers!!!!! hahahahahaha

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Thanks for the colors!!! I miss fall colors and New England colors are some of the best.

We went to the "Maple leaf festival" this weekend in Baldwin City, Kansas. They had color, but it was very disappointing. Maples aren't native to KS and they weren't the nice big trees you get back east. We planted a Maple in our front yard and it will turn a nice bright red, but it's small yet. The only color we get around here is the locust trees that will turn a golden yellow but no reds.

Every fall I marvel at the colors. Crayola couldn't have come up with some of these. Proves to me there is a God!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kathie those are really neat pictures......thanks!!!

here i was thinking of taking pictures of the trees where i work as it's 6acres of color and well YOU posted really good ones,

Fall is soooooooooo nice

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'm surprised how similar those look at the Wisconsin landscapes.
We have woods and rolling hills like that here as well.

It is a gorgeous time to travel!
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Wow Gene...my leaves on maples have yet to turn, that tree is stunning!

i am tempted now to take my camera to work

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Beautiful - we've already lost 1/2 the leaves on our maple due to drought, no color :( We did have some rain the past week, I'm hoping it might help some color.

Grew up in NY, when I lived in Fla I flew home every fall, had to have my fall leaves fix :wink:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gorgeous Gene!!! I love the green and yellow together! Thanks!!!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts