Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrigley is an F1b Goldendoodle and has a slightly wavy very soft coat. It looks very windblown, even 5 minutes after I brush him. He's still a puppy, but I was wondering if anyone who has an F1b Goldendoodle could tell me what their adult coat is like. I've heard that the adult coat can be hard to manage & very curly, but currently his coat doesn't have any curl to it.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Wrigley's coat does not look like the other F1B goldendoodles I've seen/met. The others have had that tight curly coat that I think may be tough to manage. Wrigley's looks much more like a fleece coat. Our Dexter has a fleece coat and it also some maintenance (we get him groomed every 10 weeks or he mats).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there, My little Lola is also a F1b goldendoodle and her coat looks almost exactly like Wrigley's at the moment (she's almost 4 months). It'll be interesting to see how they both look when they grow up. At the moment she seems to be going through a growth spurt...blonde with long legs and big hair LOL :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coat type

Yea - Wrigley is growing like crazy. Very lanky & wind-blown looking. I trim the fur around his eyes so I can see them - otherwise it curls up & blocks his eyes. He's so soft.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Megan said:
Just back from introducing Kahlua to a groomer (our first).
Of course, I was looking for someone who loved the dog but I also had the nerve to tell her what I have learned on this forum.
I told her that some groomers are too quick to want to shave them off, perhaps even when its not necessary because its easier and also warned her that I don't want him burned or nicked with the blades. I also mentioned the need for a non-drying shampoo as they might have a tendency to dry skin.
She was all over that info, fully supportive.
We will be going in about a month.
It is brand new-they have a hydraulic table the dog can walk onto.
He will not be put in a kennel for drying-she does one dog at a time.
$50-$60 each time.
News: She was adamant that Kahlua's coat seems to be a Goldendoodle vs a Labradoodle. Curly and thick, not wiry. I can't believe the identity crisis re breed-a month ago we adopted a Standard Poodle, I turned him into a Labradoodle & now he is a Goldendoodle !(which is weird for a jet black dog)!
What do you think of that?
Black is actually a common color in Goldendoodles... :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
We know a couple of black goldendoodles. They are both big dogs with soft fluffy fur. They are not nearly as curly as Charlie but are just as soft.

Megan, I'm enjoying the saga of your "mystery" doodle. :)

Deb

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've seen pictures of a lot of black goldendoodle pups in my searching...so I dont know how rare that is. However, Shadow is a F1b Labradoodle. His hair is curly, thick and soft, but not wiry like my mom's poodles. So I don't think just his coat would rule out him being a Labradoodle.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The adult coat doesnt come in until 8-12mths,
just wait he will be tottally different in a few months,
if the coat gets more then you can handle, what i do to my wavy curly doodles is shave body with a 7blade short round up head and tail, they still look like doodle but it is a much easier care and more comfortable for them i think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts