Labradoodle Forums banner

F1b bred back to a standard poodle

24K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Lucky Me 
#1 ·
What would i get if I bred my f1b female with a standard male. Or what would i get if i bred her to a lab male.

Thanks

#3 ·
Why would you breed back to a lab?
the whole point of these hybrids is a allergy friendly dog

personally i would breed back to a f1b labradoodle or a poodle, never a lab

Are you a breeder? sorry if you had introduced yourself somewhere i missed it, (that doesnt take alot for me recently,,lol)

#5 ·
labradoodle

I want to breed it to a poodle but i just want to know what i would call the puppies? I just bread a litter of F1's and recently sold them. My F1b is just six months old and not ready to bred yet but ive had several people say oh well that would just be a standard poodle u couldnt regester if u breed your f1b back to the poodle. I dont think thats right. Does anyone know what I would call the babys? An F what?

#6 ·
Re: labradoodle

alwaysstressing said:
I want to breed it to a poodle but i just want to know what i would call the puppies? I just bread a litter of F1's and recently sold them. My F1b is just six months old and not ready to bred yet but ive had several people say oh well that would just be a standard poodle u couldnt regester if u breed your f1b back to the poodle. I dont think thats right. Does anyone know what I would call the babys? An F what?
Here's a quote from the earlier thread. If I'm reading correctly you'd have an F1B or an F2.

Puppies resulting from this breeding may be referred to as "F1B" (B means backcross) or F2. Continuing to breed Labradoodles to Labradoodles or Poodles will eventually produce puppies referred to as "multigen".

#7 ·
Puppies resulting from breeding a F1b to poodle would be F3 (IMHO)
depends on the breeder i suppose
again a PERSON came up with these descriptions, that was their opinion,
in anycase in my experience the F1b to Poodle back cross are genearlly NO shed and allergy friendly,,in fact my son has a dog from a previous litter looks like a lab shorter coated, he doesnt shed a hair

LOL at a Puppy,,,too funny

#8 ·
OK i am sitting this one out hahahhahaaaa as i just got done trying to explain color genetics of red and more
(grabs a chair and sits down to listen now) :wink:

and i love " a puppy" answer

#9 ·
LOL ,,i am sitting back and lettin the rest punch it out,,LOL too funny

oh by the way as far as your color genetics go,, from what i have found, the golden retrivers DO carry the black gene ,,which is still dominant, that is why chocolate goldendoodles are so rare, most poodles carry the black gene ,so that gene is always dominant,
if you breed a chocolate or red poodle with black in the direct background you will have black pups, take it from me,,, :roll: :lol: been there done that,,could write a book,,LMAO

#11 ·
nancy ...goldens YES can carry Black which allows the pigmentation of the black nose but the ee red/yellow overrides the dominance in this case thus red coat and very few goldens carry brown
and yes most goldens are NOT reddish brown aka mahongany like the irish setters

Nancy, question for ya:
1.which can 1st , chicken or egg?
or
who's on 1st? what's on 2nd, i don't know is on 3rd

i am NOT going into this genetics now hahhahaaaaaa
later on yes, today? no way hhahaaaa

ciao hahhaaaaaaaa

#13 ·
Ok Trina...i have to go soon but

i need to follow this better
can we start from the beginning again?
are you saying taking a f1b labradoodle bred to a poodle
or bred to what kind of labradoodle?

i know i was going to sit and listen but darnit i love puzzles

#16 ·
I'm with gsmagoo2 (Trina I believe?) Breeding a F1b back to a poodle pretty much takes the labra out of the doodle. Might as well just get a poodle at that point... But thats just my opinion!

#17 ·
gsmagoo2 said:
With an F1B being 75% poodle and 25% lab, breeding it back to a poodle, I would think it would be too much poodle, IMO....and I wouldn't think the generation would change. IMO, I would breed an F1B to an F1, or higher. Your generation would still only progress to one higher than the lowest, but would not have so much poodle that close.
Actually i still have a variety in coat Looks as in the F1b labradoodles, the only difference is the flatter coated pup tend NOT to shed

#18 ·
debbildog said:
I'm with gsmagoo2 (Trina I believe?) Breeding a F1b back to a poodle pretty much takes the labra out of the doodle. Might as well just get a poodle at that point... But thats just my opinion!
If you havent done it you cant really say that, they do NOT look like poodles, they have a variety of coat types in the same litter,
that tend to NOT shed,

i have done this cross back 2 times,, both of which the pups coats varied in textures as do the f1 and f1b, granted the majority are wavy curly ,,but isnt that what i want?
the only difference is they tend not to shed no matter the length of the coats

#19 ·
Ok personally i am with using the labradoodle ....BUT also doesn't it depend on the dog as well?
meaning peanut is a GD ok? 50/50 mix
has the nonshedding poodle coat that is fleece but OMG is at least 70% or more G- retriever mentality so if she were to be bred to a poodle could that not balance things out ? as another doodle cross may give back too much retriever mentality?

where as BEAU's coat in color and length closely remembles G.Retriever
but has more of a poodle structure, thinking and is nonshedding as well
and using a labradoodle or another GD would give the desired effects
that most of us desire: nonshedding, comical, a thinker, graceful in its walk, and easily trained

this is HYPOTHETICAL and not what i believe/stand by
just saying the WHAT IF .....

shouldn't part of it based on seeing which genes lie where in each dog bred?

#20 ·
Absolutly, each pup in every litter can and are different
it all depends on where the genes fall
in my experience the F1b labradoodles tend to be low to no shed the f1b labradoodle bred back to a poodle percentage is higher for no shed ,,

my goldendoodles and aussiedoodles i can honestly compare to the f1b labradoodles as they tend to be low to no shed hair type coats,,
these are the first cross, i dont breed back for a higher gen so far in goldendoodles or aussiedoodles the coats come out really nice first cross, breeding back to poodle produces more coat (poodley) then most folks like

#24 ·
gsmagoo2 said:
The mentality, can also be balanced out as well, by choosing the temperaments and mentality of the same or higher generations.

Just sort of takes out the doodle by breeding back to a poodle at that close of a generation. Just my thoughts....
Unclear what you mean, personally i want my doodles to act like my standard poodles over the retriver mentality nothing is taken away IMO, only good things put in,
also my f1b labradoodles i use to breed back have a flatter wirey look coat, i guess if you arent a breeder its hard to understand if you are and you havent seen the result first hand its hard to also

#25 ·
gsmagoo2 said:
I agree that the coats would be more likely not to shed as they do have much more Poodle coat to them. They wouldn't necessarily really have to look like a poodle. I'm guess I'm thinking more along the lines of pedigrees and generations with this one.
All of mine are bred and raised here, non or line or inbred so i have no worries
all are american bred doodles if they are Doodlesville Doodles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.