Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with breeding for f1s or mix it up a bit with f1b's. I haven't seen ANY f1bs advertising anywhere near me, so it would be a matter of introducing something a bit new which I might actually enjoy.

So for comparison sake, when pricing f1bs vs f1s how much more do they generally sell for? I'm just trying to weigh all the options here and come up with a plan while I have my puppy hobby at the top of my mind.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Usually about 400.00 to 500.00 more for an F1B. If people charge 800.00 for F1's usually you we see 1200.00 on the F1B's. Now some of this depends on where you are how they are selling in your area. Some areas get more for F1's and F1B's.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Raising a Labradoodle (F1) and testing, etc.. before starting to breed F1b's takes more time, and commitment, as witnessed by so many f1 breeders, vs. much fewer f1b breeders, I think. So that factor makes sense to me, on 2nd or subsequent generations of Doodles costing more.

Having said that, in ever F1b litter we've had there has been one or two puppies that are more scruffy like an F1, so we charge the "f1 price" for those, regardless of the generation they actually are. And nobody picks their puppies from our litters until 6wks old to be sure that we can more easily identify those puppies.

There's a big long hairy explanation for how/why that happens....but basically even tho the GENERAL ratio of Lab:poodle is 25/75, the reality of genes is that not all have exactly that ratio. Thus you get the variety of coats and textures.

I LOVE F1b puppies! And in the general population of a litter, most are non-shedding with soft, silky coats. Many others prefer f1's but we sell what we like the best, so these suit me.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Maureen your right in saying you sell what you like best, I think it make it easier to speak about them if you like and are sure about what your speaking about. We need F1 breeders we need F1B breeders, and we need Multi Gen breeders because the public likes what they like so there is room for all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts