Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you with a F1 doodle, do they shed?

Annabelle is an F1B and doesnt shed, we brush her and trim her.

When we got her, I looked for F1b's as I read they were most likely to not shed and I really wantd a non-shedder (shoulder issues = vacuming very hard)

Anyhoo - Im thinking of getting a 2nd doodle and was wondering if I shoudl stick with F1b or if F1's generally dont shed?????

Thanks for help !

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TY for the info and yes your babies are cute even though they shed,
right now I have 2 shedders here - Annabelles cousins are here for 2 weeks, 5 yr old yellow lab Macy, and Emma - yellow lab/american bulldog mix about 16 -17 months

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My F1 sheds too.... I have found out though that if I brush her with a universal slicker brush AFTER bathing her, when she is still wet, it will bring up additional loose hair and cut down the shedding.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Dakota, F1, sheds but we love him and forgive him! He does not shed nearly as much as our lab shed. And I comb Dakota every morning which really minimizes any shedding. If it helps, grooming is almost a non-issue. He combs out easily and has never had a single mat!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine hasnt shed yet

Ive only had her for a month or so. But Ive maybe gotten 2hairs on me total so far.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max is an f1...he sheds ON and OFF ...he goes thru stages. i know that doesn't sound right.

peanut is a goldendoodle are doesn't shed but did blow puppy fur not too long ago. if i brush her daily all the hair is in the brush..

how do i know? max has black hair ...peanut's is red to cream. :D I sweep daily and vacuum once a week.

I would say even Max's shedding is nothing compared to labs,mastiffs, coonhounds, shepards, papillons, and so on.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Our F1 sheds. In comprison to a golden retriever, about 10-15% of the amount of hair. She does not provoke alergies in the 2 people we have tested her with.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sawyer (f1 LD) sheds but does not stink.
Huck (f1 GD) stinks but does not shed.
Love 'em both to bits!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what? same here KEYWEE

MAX (f1 LD) is sheds like mad on and off. never stinks though.

Peanut F1 GD) does not shed but stinks cuase MAX slobbers and wipes his beard on her every day ...and now Kirby is doing the same hahhahahaa

Keywee do you find HUCK takes more after a golden retriever and your LD more after a poodle? just curious

·
Registered
209 Posts
Annmarie,
I think Huck takes after the golden more than the poodle in attitude, but his coat is very curly so a bit more poodle-y. He's much more leery of strangers than Sawyer is and he'll bark at people he has not yet met who try to enter our property until I tell him they are ok, then he tries to lick them to death!

Would this guy scare you away :?: :!:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is an f4 and he isn't ment to shead however sometimes they have like a throwback gene and for some reason they do a little... This is what i been told.. does that sound correct?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
KYM i am not sure...but one of the breeders here would know that one.

Keywee same here with peanut....she's more golden that poodle in peronality and same way as HUCK :shock:

here's peanut's coat covered with sticky weeds hahahhaa
She does NOT matt at all and is only curly when wet and takes HOURS to dry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts