Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have trouble with eye drainage? Every morning Bandi has gooey **** in both eyes. It doesn't return during the day. Someone told me this is common for poodles. I've seen poodles look like they have wet spots under their eyes, but never the gooey stuff. We are going to see the doctor this afternoon to check it out (among other things), but I was just wondering. Thx.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My dads poodles always have eye gunk in the morning. Sammy gets it too, seems to be worse during allergy season. I just pick it out and then its done! Nothing to worry about unless its really bad I dont think.

Folks on another forum were talking about the benefits of adding 1Tsp of Apple Cider vinegar to your dogs water every day. They said it helps to balance their Ph out and fixes everything from light doodles browning around their mouths and eyes, to less stinky gas and preventing burn spots from urine in the yard!

I havent tried it but there were SEVERAL people discussing this the other day and I was surprised at how many people said that they give the vinegar.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr. says that eye drainage is normal unless it is excessive. He says certain breeds have ducts that are blocked off when the dog is sleeping, creating a surplus of it in the morning. He recommended warm moist towels to remove it.
He also says my Bandi is a "weenie" dog because she yelped when he stuck the specimen stick up her behind. I wonder what he would do if he received the same treatment... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts