Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a quick question. My doodles eyes look blue. Are most puppies eyes blue when they are young? And will they be changing to brown. His name is Austin and hes an Australian Multi-gen here are a couple new pictures I just got today....He is 6 weeks old, yeah only 3 more weeks to wait til my baby will be home...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Your baby is absoutely beautiful! Our vet told me that a dogs eyes can change until they are about 4 months old. Our breeder said that Lani would have blue eyes, she doesn't. Her eye color became stronger they look like a reddish amber and are beautiful. The next 3 weeks will be gone before you know it an dyour baby will be home with you!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Your puppy is so so cute! I love the eye color of the chocolate labs. The ones I've seen have been different shades of hazel.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow! Stunning puppy! Congratulations!

It is certainly possible that your pup's eyes will remain the same, also possible that they will change...but I think that since they are so striking in color (no question that they are blue!) there is a good chance they will stay blue. What color are the parent's eyes?

Gorgeous!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jac said:
Wow! Stunning puppy! Congratulations!

It is certainly possible that your pup's eyes will remain the same, also possible that they will change...but I think that since they are so striking in color (no question that they are blue!) there is a good chance they will stay blue. What color are the parent's eyes?

Gorgeous!
His mom's eyes are a hazelnut. His dad's eyes are not really sure he has so much hair and no close ups you can't really tell but his an apricot in colour. Was looking at the pictures of his litter mates and their eyes are much darker then his. So I guess we will see if the start changing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts