Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to share before and after photos of kumo's latest haircut. he started matting up like crazy -- i think it's because he's losing his puppy coat. all the matting and brushing and matting and brushing was driving us NUTS, so we decided to take him to the groomer for an extreme doodle makeover! the freaky part is that he now looks like a *completely* different dog, so much so that the groomer seemed a little nervous before she brought him out. if it weren't for the fact that he knows all of kumo's tricks and has his mannerisms, i would think she gave us the wrong dog! we're now calling him "poodle face" instead of kumo -- we asked the groomer to shave his face this time to see if we would like it. i *do* like it, but fiance isn't too sure about it.

anyway, here are the pics:

BEFORE

AFTER

-em

G

·
He is beautiful! He looks like black velvet!
His coat is very similar to Bella's. When he starts growing in again, try the mixture of Eqyss Premier conditioner with Cowboy Magic before raking him out. The mats will just glide out. I just squirt a 50/50 mixture into my palm and run it thru the fur (dry). Use the Groomarake first, then the GroomaComb, then the les pooch brush. It sounds long, but if you do it every 3-4 days, it only takes about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We had a similar experience with Wilson. He was super matted when we got him, so the groomer had to shave him down completely! When I went to pick him up, I saw this adorable cute Weimaraner that was super excited to see me. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was my doodle! Don't worry - the curls grow back in about 6 months...

Wilson's going to be really embarassed that I posted these, but...

Wilson pre-haircut:

Haircut Wilson :shock:

Growing back:

Back to normal :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow! I was all ready to respond, as I read through the posts...then I saw Wilson! I forgot my thoughts!! LOL Wilson had a HUGE makeover, huh???
I am afraid that I need to do that to my dogs soon too. I am trying to slowly clip the clumps out, but after I get that done, I plan to invest in a good pair of clippers (or sheep shears!)
Kumo is absolutely beautiful, both ways! He looks just like my guide dogs! They both have the most beautiful coats...one fleece and the other wooly, they both went to the groomers and I have a great photo of them, with our youngest (still curly) guide dog. I'll attach it here, but first I wanted to say that although I prefer the long, shaggy, doodle look...I find myself more and more taken with this shaved face look. (I used to say, if you want a Poodle, get a Poodle! But, I have grown up some... :oops: Now I actually like the shaved face look...it grows on you!)
Kumo and Wilson are both beautiful dogs!
Okay, here are my guide dogs...

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Wow once again I would not have guessed that they are the same dog!!!
Beautiful both ways, Wilson has those lovely Doodle eye stares down pat !!

Ah Jac
Your babies are precious, I like the "poodle look "for them.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I love Kumo's new haircut. He was darling before, too, though. He is very handsome.

And Wilson is gorgeous with or without hair! He definitely looks like two different dogs.

Jac - you dogs are gorgeous, too.

I am tempted to shave Doc almost down to the skin again. It's so much easier to take care of and keep clean.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
WOW....I was floored! I know the real reason wasn't due to matting. Actually, Wilson went undercover to bust up a puppy mill ring!! :lol:

I can only imagine your surprise whrn you picked him up! I used to have to do that with my old cocker Peche. I did it myself, so it wasn't that much of a shock to me. My friends and family on the other hand.... :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I cannot believe those photos of wilson!! he is handsome both ways, but I'm so partial to the long hair! Dex will have to get a short haircut soon and I'm kinda dreading it.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow KUMO is gorgous both before and after.
And wilson is gorgeous too but at first i thought maybe it was a joke and you had a second dog and then realized that was wilson too!!! :shock: he looks great both ways

personally i like the shaved face but your doodles are curly where as max is wavy scruffy looking.

jac you're dogs also look fantastic especially with the shaved faces..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts