Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, its been a LONG time since I have posted anything...

We have been out in the mountains, exploring, wheeling, hiking, and this past weekend CAMPING for the first time with Bandit. He has grown so much and enjoys the trails, water, nature, and is quite overwhelmed with all of the scents he finds in the hills.

and what he was looking at: Grizzly Lake

Obligitory wheelin shot

Holy Cross City

Beong a good boy and down-stay with distractions...

Iron Chest Mine

Been to lots of places and have seen a lot of sites this summer. Bandit really enjoys being in the mountains and going for hikes, riding in the truck while wheelin and I was surprised how well he did with the camping, even with 2.5" of rain one night! Stayed pretty quiet in the tent through the night and didnt chew anything up so well done.

We also went to a parade with him and found that he just sat and watched the horses go by and such without trying to chase them, he did very well with that too.

He wasnt startled in the least by fireworks, as we were inside and he sat at the window and was watching them, he kept turning around as if to ask "What's that? I want to go see." With his little growl, scooby whine thing. Did that 2-3 times and finally found his leash and brought it to me. We went down a few houses to the neighbor and watched them. The schrill screamers, loud bangers, bright flashes didnt phase him at all. He sat and watched them like a child would. Pretty funny.

During the drum and bugle corps competition here, we drove around to watch rehearsals during the day, he loved it. sat and watched the drum line practice and the full corps do run throughs... it was loud and I figured disturbing. Nope. He sat and watched so good. And as they left the field everyone was enamoured and made a point to come over and see him.

Everywhere we go, he is such a chick magnet. Cant tell you how many times we have been driving, and someone drives up in a convertible etc... and dies over how cute he is.

Pretty funny how it all works. Unfortunately we dont have a great deal of Bandit pictures in these groups. Perhaps I will need to make a point of taking more Bandit pics while we are out.

Take care!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome back Keith and Bandit! What an adventerous summer you have had!
Bandit has a marvelous temperament! And, some pretty great trainers too...congratulations to you all...to Keith, Bandit and to Maureen! Good job!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What great pictures :) Bandit is one lucky dog! I miss the mountains :cry: I lived in Eagle,Co for 7 years and I've been to Grizzly Lake and Holy Cross City. Beautiful country, just breathtaking!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
yo, what a great bunch of pictures!
Keith, between your writing and your lovely wife's photography you guys should put out pictorial books! Look out, John Fiedler! :D

Di, I didn't know you used to live here! (or in CO anyway). when are ya coming back to visit? :wink: Can you say ROAD TRIP with Linda?? Maybe CO is where we should all meet someday, huh? :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Sorry Maureen, Linda and I are already planning our next road trip but I guess it won't be a road trip, we are going to fly. My parents live in Florida (Lake Okeechobee) so we are hoping to fly there in early 2007. We are hoping to visit with some of the Florida Labradoodle breeders while we are there. Maybe our next one will be Colorado :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
BTW, Colorado is where I met my dear sweet hubby :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maureen said:
hey, what is FIXED about this topic?
Cuz it ain't Bandit! :wink:
I had initially posted this with links to a server that died and subsequently killed the pics. I moved them to a different server to make the pics functional.

There ya have it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
love your pics... I just moved from montana a few months ago
we had some cool stuff like you do. I like it here to though :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts