Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bodzin has been drooling like a mad fool, not foaming, when we get in the car to go anywhere. By the time we arrive at our destination, my whole back floorboard is wet.
Anyone else have this issue or know why or how to get him to not do this?
I have tried putting his kong with treats back in the back with him, but he won't even mess with it in the car.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie is nervous in the car and pants and drools some...mostly panting. Is your dog uncomfortable being in the car? It could be a nervous thing.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
This is a classic symptom of car sickness. Just feel lucky he isn't puking in the backseat. :D

You may want to search for threads about car sickness because it has been discussed numerous times.

Some dogs grow out of it and as they become used to the car. There are recommendations that ginger may help. Most dogs happily eat ginger snaps. Dramamine and benadryl are also being used but since both make a dog sleepy, I would only try on a long trip.

Charlie is getting better with time. He hasn't gotten sick in months but most of our trips are less than half an hour.

Deb

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner was so bad when he was younger that I had to tie a towel around his neck when he rode in the car.

He drools a little bit occasionally but has mostly outgrown it.

I suggest taking him in the car on short rides to get him more use to it. :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Beau does that and he's outgrowing it
HOWEVER with Peanut she didnt' start until she was 10mos old
and if she sits in backseat OMG all tummy contents decorate the back

IF i put Peanut UP FRONT with me, she's fine
Max loves the backseat of our truck and he LICKS the back of Dave's head where his hair is a bit thin hahhahaaaaaaaaaa
sooooooo i'd say DAVE gets covered with drool :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts