Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We think Abbey (12 Weeks) is getting over her Giardia. Her stools look pretty good. For the last couple of days we've had multiple potty accidents. She was excellent all day until about 3pm. We took her out for a pee and then about half an hour later she pees in her pen. Then I take her out again and a few minutes later she peed in the kitchen. This went on yesterday afternoon as well. We would take her out and as soon as five minutes later she would again pee in the house.

She doesn't have the run of the house. We let her play in the kitchen and in her pen. She is great overnight in her crate. She goes in about 9 or 10pm and we take her out about 6am. The crate is in our bedroom. For the most of the day she is with us. During the day, in her pen, in the kitchen or the yard. Always supervised. But the last couple of days we've had several potty accidents.

I'm wondering if something is wrong ... perhaps a UTI. We have a vet appointment on Wed, so I'lll find out more then.

But i can't believe that she will hold her water all night and then during the afternoon she has to go every few minutes. This is driving me nuts.

Anyone else have a problem like this??

·
Registered
462 Posts
That sounds exactly like Napa at that stage. So I'm not sure if its a stage thing, or if it was his UTI. With all we're discovering, it seems like his UTI's might have been exaggerated, so I'm not going to go out and say, yes, its UTI, but its definitely a possibility. Also, is she getting scared by anything while outside? Napa was afraid of barking dogs, still is sorta, when we first got him. There were dogs in all of the apartments on the first floor in our building, so when Napa would hear a barking dog, up the stairs he would run, regardless of how bad he had to pee. Then he'd pee in the house.

But its only when you mention it that I've actually sat down and thought about possible causes of the things we went through. So, perhaps think if something's changed, as well. But it definitely sounds like the start of a UTI.

Also, where in Nor Cal are you? Has it been raining? And has she had any problems going in the rain before? If it is the rain, then just standing out there with her, and you making it seem like there is nothing wrong with rain might help, unfortunately. UMBRELLA TIME! Gotta love rainy season!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sue, She is on antibiotics for the Guardia. Only for two more days. It is not raining. We take her to her usual potty place in our yard. I would rather not confine her to her crate during the day. Tonight we cut the space in her pen in half. In hopes she would not soil the smaller area. And we've taken her out for pees several times.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
BAD said:
Good news. Abbey doesn't have a UTI. I think it is just a house breaking issue. We have to work to be sure she actually empties her herself when outside. We're working on it.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Good news Barbara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts