Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or maybe the topic ought to be "Cinnamon, what did you do?!!"

I was here, reading this forum, like I do every morning (it's an addiction, I know) and Cin starts barking like there's a cat or something in "her" yard. I'm ignoring her and the barking gets more insistent. I think, "Ok, it's about time for our morning walk anyway" and go downstairs. I hit the bottom step and it hits me. SKUNK!!! :shock:

The smell permeates the downstairs area, LR, kitchen, everywhere. Cinnamon has barked at a skunk and I think it has sprayed the house. You open up the back door and it reeks. I swear there is a blue haze out there!

How long can she hold it before I let her out again...better yet, how long can I hold my breath and will the scented candles hold out!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Oh yuck...that will stay with you for quite some time I'm afraid. Does Cinnamon seem to notice?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
When i saw the title i figured this would be about a doodle's room clearing farts, but a skunk is even worse!! get out the plug in air fresheners.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK this will sound strange but ammonia absorbs smells like when you paint with oil based paints

Is there anywhere you can put a bowl of ammonia up high and let it sit for a day or two ? it might help

OH are you able to keep your windows open by day?

and the Fabreeze works wonders too

(((((((becky))))))) i feel for you honey...keep us posted and keep the skunk too :wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, most of the crisis is over now. The back door area still has that distinctive smell, but the rest of the house is ok. I got out my bottle of Febreeze and I'm starting the "deskunking" process. I don't know if I have any ammonia, I'll have to check.

I'm just glad Cinnamon wasn't out when she saw it. Worse, until yesterday we were dog sitting Sarah (Cin's BFF). Sarah would have been outside. She loves it here - city dog comes to the country. Cin probably would have been out with her. It could have been double trouble!!

Thank God for small favors... or really big ones in this case!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
had a friend who used this on her dog - maybe you could mix it up and wash down your back door and porch with it then rinse, might help get rid of some of the scent

Deskunker
1 quart 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
1 teaspoon liquid soap

use as soon as you mix it up - use rubber gloves to keep the scent off your hands when cleaning dog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts