Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we took Chouette, granddaughter and one of her friends to the lake - we belong to a sailing/tennis club with a clubhouse and deck on a large man-made lake nearby. We had the place to ourselves, so while husband went sailing the girls frolicked in the water and I stuck Chou on the raft and floated her around. After that I let her run free, since it was just us. Later on a young couple came and staked out a site on the beach. I was reading peacefully on the deck when Chou suddenly jumped up and went tearing down the steps onto the beach. I figured she'd play with the waves at the edge, but to my horror she raced over to the couple, who were lying unsuspectingly face down, sunning themselves, and jumped on the girl! I was mortified! I rushed over to claim my errant doodle with many redfaced apologies.

Guess who got tethered the rest of the afternoon.....

Leslie

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hehe...sorry to laugh - i'm sure that was embarrassing for you!

doodles just love people so much that i'm sure she couldn't help herself.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahhaa sorry but it's always funnier when someone else's doodle does it though i too would have been mortified.

did they say anything to you?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The people were very nice about it, and the guy came over later to say hi to Chouette - not quite sure why. Maybe he wanted to see if she'd attack again?

I just don't want anyone complaining about her so I can't bring her there anymore. Still, having seen one member ignore her dog's defecating in the water near where children were playing, I shouldn't think a bounce on the back by a boistrous doodle would rise to the level of having her and all of her kith and kin banned forever.

No, Gene, she wasn't wet. In fact I almost had her dry enough to pop in the car at that point.

Today we took her and two ten-year-olds on the Cape May-Lewes ferry, and she covered herself with glory. What a difference a day makes. No accidents, no bouncing, well-behaved, and she held court to many adoring fans, most of whom knew exactly what a labradoodle was. A couple had goldendoodles themselves. One, though, had an aggressive labradoodle who had bitten someone. That person especially admired Chouette, who was peacefully lying on the bench with my husband, allowing herself to be stroked by all comers.

And even people who didn't know what a doodle was thought she was just adorable. Of course they're right....

Leslie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts