Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already know what everyone is going to think but just for a second see the humor here.
Bogie was being a real pill today. He was out in the yard and wouldn't come when called. He kept chewing any foliage he could find and just defying us. This happened to my husband first then me. We took turns laughing at each other because we would get so ticked!
Anyway.......Bogie doesn't like car horns. If a horn sounds, he automatically runs to us or the door.
WELL.......said we..........Lets get our keys and set off the horn in the car in the driveway!!! tee-hee..........We then went inside like we did 20 times before and hoped he'd come to the door.........NOPE! SO..........we set of the horn.
OMG!! He flew from the back of the yard....ears flying....and straight into the house.
My husband confessed to doing it again when I was gone..........bad mom & dad!!...........right?? I guess this is a method we shouldn't use too often again. But we literally cracked up!! He was sooooooo funny!! I know.....we don't want to instill fear of any kind in him.......so that will be that...I guess.....lol

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahaaaaaaaaa

hey if it works! OMG that is toooooooo funny!!!!

is it any worse than keeping a big wooden folding chair on the staircase in a position that the slightest movement by a doodle near it causes it come crashing down on wood stair landing then tile floors scaring teh crap out of Beau and peanut?
Beau hasn't pooped in the house since we did this :D

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it any worse than keeping a big wooden folding chair on the staircase in a position that the slightest movement by a doodle near it causes it come crashing down on wood stair landing then tile floors scaring teh crap out of Beau and peanut?

OMG! That is HYSTERICAL!!!

Annmarie.......we both have a dark side.........lol

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
MaxandMe said:
Beau hasn't pooped in the house since we did this :D
I'm sure that would cause Annabelle to poop in the house :shock:

Funny that a horn makes him run to the house - maybe you should get one of those horns clowns carry around so you don't have to run out to the car :wink:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny that a horn makes him run to the house - maybe you should get one of those horns clowns carry around so you don't have to run out to the car

A Clarabelle horn!!!

OMG! You guys crack me up!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hey in order to LIVE and love a Doodle sometimes ya gotta be a Doodle! hahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
either that or have a loose noodle or two :shock:

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well said annmarie!!
We should start a book!
How to Outsmart the Doodle....or Lose your Noodle! :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sometimes Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures ...

Last year my brother gave us a novelty gift called Cat in a Bag: A small burlap bag with some fur and a tail sticking out!*
You squeeze it and these awful yeowls come out of it.
Whenever Ebbe wants to play keep away and the item is dangerous to her (pair of scissors) :shock:
I give it a good squeeze ... the yeowling starts and startles ... item is dropped! :roll:

*My brother is one of those super smart, many degreed individuals who at 63 has yet grown up!
When he lived in Vermont several years ago he sent us all dried and shellaced moose poop! :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
So mary, what you're saying is you can't help yourself as it runs in the family? :shock: 8) :wink: :lol: :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Teehee
Funny story Mary
He sounds like my brother...............
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.................

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is funny Mary!!!
See annmarie! We're not the only ones!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Topic of conversation today among dog friends was our horn experience.....people not only think it's funny but not such a bad thing either! The general consesus is that dogs SHOULD be afraid of horns........go figure! :roll: So, we used it agin tonight...........LOL

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK i have a question for the hooligan horn blowing minds:

HOW about y'all BUY a old fashioned tricycle or bicycle horn?
you know the ones that almost looked like a turkey baster on your tricycle

that way you SCARE the living daylights out of your doodle
and
your NEIGHBORS still talk to you
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just a outloud thought is all .......... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
MaxandMe said:
So mary, what you're saying is you can't help yourself as it runs in the family? :shock: 8) :wink: :lol: :D
Unfortunately (or fortunately) it does! We all have this whacked out sense of humor that seems to shock some and delight others! But Brother Jim reigns supreme!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts