Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone....start cracking some jokes cause for the next 5 days here is Max's ,dave's and MY schedule

5:30am ---give pepcid 2 x a day
6:30 am give 3 different meds

4:30pm 1 med
6:30pm 1 med
8:30pm 1 med and then 9:30pm last med of day

I medcine i give 1/2 does for 2 days then 1/2 dose every other day for 2 days after skipping a day.
one med is an hour before the other med one 2 times a day, other 3 times a day, if i remember correctly without looking at excel spreadsheet
there's 2 meds given once a day ...one for 5 days the other for 7 days.
ok i'l stop right here as I think y'all get the jist of things hahahhaa
thank heavens i have a college degree :wink:

mix worming med in with bland diet again...no dog food for few days
( grrrrrrrr---now defrosting chicken)

this starts tomorrow going until next tuesday

OK, it took me a 1/2 hour to figure out this schedule and then 5min to type it up in excel complete with names of meds, how to mix etc, dosage etc

Dave and I tonight will both have one spreadsheet that gets marked off by each med when it's given hahahhahhahahahaaa

and yessssssss i still love doodles!!
but must say this medicine scedule is worse than when i had 3 kids sick cause at least they all had the same med at the same time.

Ok i am done whining now .............thank you

ps peanut is fine ...and max's digestive system hopefully will survive and I think the cheesecake, brownies and cake i ate well i'll be walking the calories off for sure hahhahaaa :D :D :D :D see's there's a postive side to all of this.

OH why the meds? to help max of course

·
Registered
162 Posts
Excruciating...maybe yall could take medical shifts? Apparently, somehow I missed Pnuts final diagnosis. Was it worms?

LizziesMom

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peanut's problem was never fully diagnosed as ONLY surgery would have told us and she's doing great soooooo for now i am ok not knowing. the old IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT

NOW Max has tested negative to worms continuously yet every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks he gets diarrhea which may be symtematic of whipworms?? they're really hard to find out. Anyway, thisis the 1st step for now.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Poor Max and poor you :) Max has really been thru it, I feel for the guy. I hope whatever it is, it gets thru his system and stays gone, for his sake and YOURS :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, its good they're giving you worming medicine on the off chance that's part of the problem. I've noticed alot of the doodles seem to have sensitive systems or is that just me because Lizzie is?? She often has digestion/food/allergy problems often. Never as serious as poor little PeanutDoodle. Sure hope everything is ok soon.

LizziesMom

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Hang in there Annmarie.
If your household ever gets back to normal you will not
know what to do with yourself.
You could always round up Gene and come visit BC

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kim26 said:
I sure hope Max gets over this soon and has firm poops from now on!
ME , DAVE and probably everyone else on this forum too!! hahaha

OK max is being weaned OFF PREDNISONE...and well let's put it this way

EVER see a doodle on speed :shock: he can't sit still period. it's like this folks:

Max on prednisone: runs to drink water, runs after toy, runs after Peanut, runs back to water, runs to door, runs to us, tries sitting for a whole 2 seconds uh uh runs around peanut, runs around coffee table, runs around house back to us, then peanut back to water. Repeat this over and over. hahhahahhahhaahhaha
Thank hevens he'll be off this in a few days!!

OK to ease up the confusion: PEANUT IS FINE, Has firm ones. WIll never really know what was wrong and if she's a ok now, fine by me :D

MEDS are for MAX

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
blueteal said:
Can I bring my cousin's cats??
You betcha, How many she/he got?
Close to none...only 3!

Annmarie does he start the moment he opens his eyes with the speed like thing? My alarm today semmed like the firing gun on race day! All asleep...alarm...fleeing, racing doodles! :lol:

Anything firmer today?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahhahahaa yessssssss GENE...but i have been giving him the lower dose of prednisone at night and ohhhhhhhhhh poor thing (max) i mean he is so soo sooooooooo hyper. hahhahahhaaa and by 3am he's raring to start his day. YES we're giving Max prednisone during the day starting today!!!
DAVE and i both have today OFF

he's going to mushy now ...better than squirts :wink:
HOWEVER he's happy, definitely alert, charging like a speeding bull thru the house, giving peanut tons of exercise and more.

debating on taking him outside again later with peanut in the back and well he can run to his heart's content. Then we'll have an hour or so of bath time and blow dry time for 2 doodles

OH i am posting pics of peant getting airborne and muddy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts