Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck???

http://www.reuters.com/article/governme ... 6220080214

FDA never inspected China maker of Baxter's heparin

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. regulators have never inspected the Chinese plant that makes Baxter International's heparin, regulators disclosed a day after Baxter halted sales of some versions after four patients died and hundreds became ill.

"Preparations are being made to perform an inspection as soon as possible," Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman Karen Riley said in an email.

On Tuesday, the Food and Drug Administration reported that it received about 350 reports of health problems associated with Baxter's injectable heparin, a blood thinner, since the end of 2007.

Baxter, which makes about half of all multiple-dose vials of heparin sold in the United States, said it has inspected the facility within the last six months. The plant is owned by a U.S.-based company, and Baxter plans another inspection in the near future....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Do you know that the US borrowed money to give us all a "refund" check (to help "stimulate" the economy) from China? That's so all the people can go out and buy goods that are made in China. What's wrong with this picture?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I still don't know if I totally understand the refund...I have heard/read that it's really just an advance on your 2008 tax return (and that you would just get back less or owe next year)...but I am totally not sure if this is correct.

I have so many problems w/the rebate and it's terms that I will stop my comments there :)

sorry for the hijack :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem with the hijack! I don't mind! I am so against the dumb 'rebate' it is not even funny. We don't have the money, so why are we giving it back? And if the government really wants to give it back, then give it back in the same proportion that people paid already in taxes. It is absurd.
Leslie, I do believe it will be issued as a check but not until you file your 2007 taxes. (It will be issued as a check so that people actually feel like they are getting something from the government, instead of just a deduction off taxes paid... :roll:

Rebate checks should now be on their way in May, as the government attempts to jump start the economy and minimize the impact of a recession this year. How much you receieve depends on your Gross Adjusted Income for 2007, as stated on the 1040 form you'll send the IRS this spring.

Most individual taxpayers will receive a $600 check, Couples will receive $1,200, with another $300 per child.
Individuals who don't earn enough to file Federal Taxes, but who earn at least $3,000 a year, will receive a smaller check of $300.

You will receive a smaller check if you earn more than $75,000, or $150,000 as a couple filing jointly.
The cutoff is $85,000 a year for individuals, $174,000 for couples: Beyond that, you no longer qualify for any check.
Again, the good news for lower income consumers who pay no Federal Income Tax, and Seniors on Social Security, : they will still be able to receive a check.
The IRS will begin mailing out checks in early May, based on the last digits of your Social Security number (as they did in 2001). All checks should be distributed by August.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I know, Leslie...this is scary stuff and the really scary part is that we will never be told what is happening.
The FDA only has authority over US companies. The viatmins and food additives, the toys, the clothing, everything...even to engines and bolts that come from China gets inspected by a tiny percentage (less than 1% of all imported goods are inspected) and when they fail inspection, the tiny percentage is sent back. Unlike when the US exports mad cow disease in beef, where other countries say...no more beef from the US until it proves it is clear and tested...well the US still allows imports from China or any country not in compliance. They don't do a thing!
We, as consumers, need to start being very cautious...we need to be aware and we probably need to spend more money for things so that we can get US products.
Did you know that ALL viatmin B comes from China? ALL of it.
Hmmmm, makes you wonder what that is put into, doesn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts