Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was in the mid 70's and sunny today with a gentle breeze and I took advantage. I went out and sat in the grass with the lab ladies and just cuddled and bonded.

Canada wanted to sit IN my lap...which at about 80 lbs and 7+ weeks pregnant, is no small request. She seems to think that while she's licking you can't move away, so her tongue was going constantly. At least she's quit jumping on me and is now content to wait for me to come down to her level rather than trying to knock me down to it. LOL Of course once I'm down there she has to climb into my lap.

Montana has mellowed considerably. I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones, or if she's truly taken to heart what we've tried to teach her, but she was happy to just lie next to me with her nose under my chin and let me pet her endlessly. No jumping around; no clawing at me; no barking, whining or carrying on. I hope this is a lasting change, as she's suddenly very sweet rather than franticly excited.

It was a wonderful experience to be able to finally relax with them both without having to scold or be on the defense to the old manic behavior. I stayed out much longer than I'd planned to just because they were both being so good about it. I seriously never expected them to come this far this quickly, so enjoyed it immensely.

All in all it was a beautiful day! :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ohhh! The bonding time is soooo sweet! I'm so glad the girls are coming around!! Temps??? 105 here yesterday!! A little cooler today because clouds--not rain-- will move through making it muggy! :evil: :evil: Hate humidity!! It was too hot to sleep last night which is very unusual for us as we almost always get a sea breeze in the evening. Leaving for Eagle Lake around noon. Don't know what to expect there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea, yesterday was crazy hot in Sonoma County as well! I don't even know what kind of heat it was, but it definitely wasn't the New England heat I'm used to! I had to turn up (down) the ac last night because it was so hot! Yuck!

Bonding time is always a plus. Every time I think I'm bonding with Napa, he ends up peeing on the floor! *sigh*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts