Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! The dog walker left me a note that she and Boyd encountered an aggressive chow mix on their walk yesterday. She said (thankfully) the dog was on a leash but that afterwards Boyd went into a total doodle frenzy in the front yard.

Fast forward to when hubbie and I got home.....Boyd had completely destroyed the industrial strength rug from Costco.

Question: Do you think the encounter and subsequent behavior were related? Or, do you think Boyd is bored and/or getting separation anxiety.

I can't see the separation anxiety or boredom given the noon dog walker and 3:30 visit from 11 year old neighbor....

Any insight?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I can't speak from experience, but it sure sounds like it could have something to do with his encounter. Maybe it's his way of saying "you are not going to leave me alone NOW are you? Not when I'm still scared!" Poor boy! It must have scared the bejebbers out of him! (That's an old word my grandma used to say - bejebbers)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who knows what we'll encounter tonight when we get home. No frantic call from the 11 year old neighbor so that's good news. I'm hoping that it was the encounter. For the dog walker to even mention it means it was significant.

One time I worked from home and Boyd got off his leash and the dog walker was cool as a cucumber and got him back on it. She didn't mention that to me (but I saw it from the office window) and I know it was b/c she didn't want to worry me.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Boyd could be reacting to the agressive chow and his experience.

I often wonder how dogs react to stress as we're not always around when they do or sometimes aware of it.

I hope for boyd it's just a one time thing and he doesn't have separation anxiety.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Annmarie. This is the first time he's every done something like this. Sure, we come home to all of his towels and toys spread all over the kitchen floor but what dood doesn't do that?? :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am happy to report no destruction when we got home last night. He even left his towels in his crate! :D He seems a bit confused that his black rug is gone but that's his fault!! :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts