Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you everyone and great big cyber hugs to all of you who have shown me what caring people you all are...I wish I could know you all in person. Ellie is now gone, but everything was as you all said it would be. I know she is in a much better place, even though it was soooo hard to make the decision. I feel good about setting her free! Thank you all so much again for your support. She went very gently...now I can remember her like she was before she got sick, and my wonderful children have so dearly reminded me that now she gets to be happy because she is with Hannibal, Stripe, and Blaze who were waiting for her in heaven, and that the (now this is what my 4 year old daughter said) Crocodile Hunter is there too, and he will take good care of her because he loved animals sooooo much! :D I want to send you all a picture of my sweet old girl later on when I can take a minute to figure out how again...right now I have to pick up my little one from school.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
God Bless You All!

And a little child will lead them....with a wondrous comment and thought!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Although I am sorry for your loss, I am glad that this is behind you and that your children are so understanding...especially your insightful and sweet daughter! You know? I think she is right!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
They do look so peaceful at the end, like a great weight was lifted off of them. May God bless you and you find the strengh in the happy memories to carry on. Hugs and puppy kisses going out you way!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thank you for giving us an update. and may God continue to bless you with a child's sweet innoncence that puts smiles not only on our faces but in our hearts as well.

You will never lose the love in your heart nor the memories and pictures in your mind. As time goes on reflections are way to stop and smell the roses or just relax for a moment in peace.

hugs , kisses, good thoughts and prayers for all of you!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
((Jenny)) If it were easy, that would just mean that we hadn't loved them enough. We all know we love them beyond reason, that's why it's so danged hard.

It will always be a part of owning a pet, even if it seems so far off. Thank goodness for the years and memories we gather while they're healthy.

I hope your family heals quickly, so that the memories only bring smiles.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Jenny,

Just saw this post....so glad to hear everyone is doing OK....It is hard, I know, but sounds to me that in the midst of it all, God has given His great Grace and Strength to see you through...how precious of your 4 year old to suggest Ellie has C. Hunter to watch over her. That made me smile.

Blessings to you all,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts