Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting at the computer awhile ago, and Mr. Protector (aka Dexter) started growling a menacing growl and pawing at the wall beside me. I was looking at something fascinating and didn't pay much attention. After a couple minutes of his constant going on, I looked and he was about to paw a brown recluse! I yelled "no no, bad!" and grabbed a magazine and whacked it. I've seen a few of them here, old house, on a bluffside, it's bound to happen. I wouldn't call it an infestation, but I don't like even one. Wondering if there's anything that can get rid of them? I worry I won't be home and he'll get bitten. He's a bigger bug phobe than me.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
We put spider traps in several locations (where our pets can't get to them) in our house. They are sticky surfaced and attract the spiders. We have found them very effective.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I think we bought them at Home Depot but they do list Wallmart on the website. The company is Victor pests. I was shocked to see how many spiders we had in our house.

Sorry if any of you like spiders but that is one thing I won't live with.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just look up your recluse spider on wiki. It didn't mention how big they are. They look nasty and I guess their bite is pretty bad too.

I just have little spiders or daddy long legs. They are more of a nusense than anything else.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
sticky traps is the safest with pets around

and now wonder why i don't use them?
daddy long legs dont' bother me but all the other ones do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would love to get rid of spiders, but my girlfriend says that they nurture creativity, and since both of us are artists, we shouldn't kill them.

So I wait till she isn't home to roll up the newspaper!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
My cats seem to take care of them, if I see one
I am a sap and take it outside, but my cats are faster than
I am. Denver just seems to stare which is a red flag for the
cats and they will come a running if he stares at something on the
ground for too long...............

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
EEEEK is right!! I have such arachnaphobia!!
My Springer once was pawing at our Christmas lights I had brought in the house from the garage...........He was really pawing at a HUGE wolf spider!!
This gives me the willies!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
AJWhiting said:
I would love to get rid of spiders, but my girlfriend says that they nurture creativity, and since both of us are artists, we shouldn't kill them.

So I wait till she isn't home to roll up the newspaper!
BWAHAHAHAHA!! And, you hope she doesn't catch you by coming home early! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i'm like SUE....i catch most spiders and other insects and release them outside
HORNETS are the exception, Death upon viewing one
(my kids and Max are allergic to them).

and YES MTD some breeders do use D.Earth as a dewormer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts