Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several vet visits ($$$), Chloe still has a terrible rash. I just noticed tonight how bad it has gotten. There are several red patches as well as patches that are dry and bumpy. I thought that it looked similar to people eczema so to google I go. Unfortunately, I could only find sites offering their products versus the cause of and cure which I was searching for. This of course may not be the problem but that is exactly what it looks like to me. I wonder, is this just a puppy related issue or will I be dealing with this for years to come? If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it. I plan to keep researching :idea:

G

·
Have you tried vetinarypartner.com? Jac has posted articles from there before and I have found a lot on informaion on that site. Sorry Jac I hope I didn't step on your toes

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I feel sorry for her, I've battled eczema my entire life, worse in winter time
What does the Vet say, they give you any cream for the spots?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
poor Chloe. Would benedryl help (just for a few days) to get the rash under control? Also, I mentioned before that the vet gave Dex a shot (cortisone I think) when we started w/his food allergies - he said it would calm everything down.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Linda, that site is wonderful! I have a few things that I am going to try (especially adding Omega fatty acids to her diet). She is definitely not as bad as the dog pictured but she does have all the symptoms of this.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Peanut has gotten that several times now ...we did give her antibiotics one time when it was really stubborn. the other times i made sure she was REALLY DRY after being bathed and/or out on walks which does help.

hope it clears up soon.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She has been on antibiotics a few times now. The thing is that no hair seems to be growing back where the spots are. I have gathered some information on herbal remedies and am going to try that myself since the vet only seems to be taking my $$$ :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has been quite some time since your post about Chloe's rash. Our Gracie has something that sounds similar. Rash on the tummy and under legs and a few very dry bumps on her back and sides. Took her to the vet, did a bunch of tests, skin scraping, etc. Gave her antibiotics and special shampoo and cream. Went away after about a week. Now it is back again after about 2-3 weeks. The vet said the skin scraping test was inconclusive. Did you ever find out what Chloe's rash was from??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts