Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebbe's day care had an open house and for a contribution to the SPCA one could choose a session with a Dog Psychic or a Dog Communicator.
Donetta, the Dog Psychic seemed a tad out there in her purple caftan and multiple rings so I went to the communicator with a large grain of salt.

Ebbe entered the room and was snooping around as Terri, the Communicator asked me some questions. Ebbe settled at my feet and many of the things Terri said were things that could have been easily gleaned from the answers to those questions, including what was the biggest issue we were having with her at the moment. In a flash I said 'barking', at any and everything at all times. Ebbe was laying at my feet, not playing with toys or chewing the bones that were in the office. Terri looked away, smiled and was still. She then said that one of Ebbe's friends at day care was a watch dog and that Ebbe felt she should be a watch dog too. Her barking was trying to tell us something and yelling her name and saying "be QUIET!" meant we weren't hearing what she was trying to tell us. She suggested we tell Ebbe what a good job she was doing and THANK HER FOR BARKING :shock: . Ebbe would then know her message got through and would quiet.

Can you say "skeptical"? :roll: Marc ROFL'ed when I told him about it. But we agreed it wouldn't hurt to try.

It works. At least 75% of the time. A job well done and big thank you, the barking stops. And if that weren't enough toward the end of our visit Terri said, "Is there another animal in the house? Ebbe can't understand why it won't play with her."

Okay ... now I'm kinda freaked. Of course there is the infamous Scully the Cat, who lives in the lower level and :twisted: HATES :twisted: Ebbe.
She is old (15) and anti-social and thinks the only good thing about Ebbe is that she won't go down the open stairway to Scully's world. I had never mentioned Scully ... wasn't even thinking of her. But there was Terri trying to explain to Ebbe that she's an old cat, set in her ways and that Ebbe should just leave her be (that hasn't happened).

And so my grain of salt melted and I walked away wondering if this is something I should explore. Ebbe was so calm and peaceful during the session and went right back to her doodly ways once we left. Has anyone else on the forum done this? I do have a co-worker whose story about a communicator is amazing and I wonder ...

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Interesting - Nope have not done that, but I think Greg, Marley's Daddy, is going to a Doggie Psychic party in the future, or may have already gone, remember him talking about it a while back

I do believe there are people out there with psychic abilities, some well proven, just not sure how they communicate with animals but anything is possible.

Does Ebbe usually lay quiet at your feet when you are around a stranger?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Very interesting! I love the barking advice. It all sounds very logical.

Charlie is not a barker but when he does bark at something outside, I usually go to the window or door to check it out with him. He seems comforted that I'm taking him seriously.

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
ok I'm going to try to thank ours for their barking and see how it goes :)

I am mildly interested in these things, but am 99% skeptical (I'm very scientific - I don't believe most things w/o some proof)...that being said I enjoyed reading your story and would like to see what Greg says after his meeting.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I have always thanked Denver for barking and then
I tell him to settle............they really just want to be heard
i guess............as far as communicators, do not rule them out
You never know............ :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does Ebbe usually lay quiet at your feet when you are around a stranger?
The only time Ebbe really lays quietly is if she is very tired or Marc and I are sitting quietly or in bed. She is a girl who has to look into every nook and cranny and give it a good sniff. That is what was so remarkable. This room was packed with interesting, "get into trouble" things. But it was the toys and large chew bones that were truly left alone. :shock:

At one point she did go over to Terri and leaned on her legs ... at that point Terri said she could see the connection between our hearts ... which I suppose anyone can if they see us together, but at the moment her statement made me burst into tears! :roll: :oops:

G

·
Ah Mary that is so cute!!! Sometimes I wonder if Maya really loves me or if I am just a "food lady". then just to remind me she will somehow (not gracefully) get herself curled up in my lap and I know that she does love me!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I'm with Sue on this one :D

my father swears Max is part human hahhaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I won a free session with an animal communicator many years ago so had her focus on a horse I had bought and was having some issues with. Some of the things she said really did hit home and make sense... such as this horses dam did NOT trust people and had let him know to be on guard with us. She said the colt hadn't been abused, but Mom had, and she'd told him all about it.

It was rather freaky since I had met the dam and she was a wild-eyed thing that I could very easily imagine had been abused. What clinched it for me was when she said that the other horses seemed to have no fear of us and one gelding in the pasture acted more like a dog than a horse. She nailed that dead on and that's the one we used as the babysitter for the weanlings when they arrived. lol

So I do think some have abilities that are fascinating.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Interesting story Tink. And Mary, glad to hear you experience came out like it did. It is intriguing. I look forward to our meeting with a communicator. We were scheduled to have see one last week, but a family emergency came up with the communicator and it has now been rescheduled for late next month.

As I have stated before, I think the possibility of a person doing these kind of things is there, and the results could very well benefit both man and his best friend or in our case Marley, my wife and I. I think communicating is possible...the word psychic implies something different I feel, and I am more readily agreeable to communication concept. I will let you know how we made out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts