Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I have to call my husband - he's in Illinois for the week and the radio said the earthquake was somewhere in Illinois...I'll have to wait - don't think he's appreciate me calling him at 6:50 am (Illinois time)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yes! I felt it here in the Chicago area. I was just going to to do a search to confirm it really was an earthquake.

It woke me up around 4:30 this morning. It felt very similar to Charlie sitting on my bed and scratching himself. :) I wasn't exactly sure what it was. I got up to go to the bathroom and everything was still vibrating. It wasn't until I woke up this morning that it occurred to me it might be an earthquake.

Deb

·
Registered
576 Posts
It woke me up! DH was outside with Sadie at the time. I don't think it fazed her at all but it scared dh!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
too funny...my husband is only about 1 hr north of the center of the earthquake and he told me he didn't feel a thing...slept right through it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We're in Central Illinois and did not feel it, but I think Archie did, because he started barking at that exact time. Most of my co-workers felt it. Just glad there has not been much damage reported.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Thank goodness everyone is ok! What a scary way to wake up! :shock:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm... Interesting. I woke up last night to an earthquake but didn't look at the clock - LOL!! Being in CA, that is a common occurance for me though. Usually, if I think it really is an earthquake (and not just someone moving around) I will look at the clock and then check out the earthquake reports in the morning.

I was pretty sure it was an earthquake though last night because Gromit was restless in his crate and the neighbor's dog was barking.

I'm guessing that it wasn't the same earthquake though. Looking at the earthquake stats for CA and NV for this morning alone, there were 23 before 9:30AM. Most of those are not felt though.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It's just so odd to have earthquakes in the upper Midwest. I've lived here my who life and have never felt one. I do know that 25 or so yrs ago we had one and people found cracks in walls that they hadn't had prior to it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We didn't even know it until we saw the news, we are in the Chicago suburbs. A friend of mine said her cat, who has had nothing to do with them since their son was born 10 weeks ago, got up on the bed and started "screaming". Her dh got up and fed the cat. When they got up and saw the news they realized the cat's "screaming" episode was just a few minutes before the earthquake happened. Animals really do have a 6th sense! But not mine :?

·
Registered
247 Posts
wow, i just read it was a 5.3, that's a pretty big one!! i think we had a 5ish back on october and they can be scary for sure. i remember sitting in the den thinking - is this going to be "the big one???' living in SF, i've been through many but not yet any since we've had shaia - i'm depending on her to warn me ahead of time!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i am happy to hear everyone is safe and sound

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
There are actually quite a few fault lines in the central and eastern northamerica, more than people realize, several fault lines run thru and along TN, western TN fault line gets a lot of quakes

you can go to the USGS and click on any area of a map and it will bring up 6 months of earthquakes any where in the world - quite interesting

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/index.php

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
ya but they are just north of a major fault line in west TN, last year there was one in NY and Daddy said the stuff in their china cabinet and cabinets moved

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I was gone this weekend. And my husband had my three boys and Cacao. And my husband and kids slept thru it. But I don't know how Cacao did. My husband didn't get up so she may have felt it. But all her in IN ok.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts