Labradoodle Forums banner

Ears

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  KeyMeKoe 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me a good brand of Ear cleaner. I have dealt with the Beagles ears for many years, but Advil’s ears are something special. He loves us cleaning them out daily with just Kleenex or toilet paper and once a week or more I put drops in and let him shake it out, but it doesn’t seem to work very well. His wax really builds up on a daily basis and I am afraid he is going to get infections. He is too squirrelly to use anything like q-tips like the vet recommended.

#4 ·
the wax you described could be yeast. I would have the vet make sure its not first. If it is I would treat it, I like zymox seems to work real fast. then after that I would get a cleaner from the vet (liquid) and use it upon occasion. Especially use it after water play.

#5 ·
Ear Infection

Second the Zymox Otic. My one year old Labradoodle, Linus, had an ear infection that lasted 4 four months. The Vet gave us the old standby and it did not work. We took Linus to the groomer. The groomer removed Linus's ear hair and it irritated his infected ear. Linus's ear was a red and black mess and he was really suffering. I was ready to try anything. I read about zymox otic on the internet and ordered it. Linus's ear improved after one treatment, after 4 days he was cured. My wife insisted that I keep treating his ear for a week anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.