Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the matt comb, brush, and some nice hand lotion, since I don't have any conditioner on hand. Fortunately whenever Dex sees a brush, he comes running. We sat on the couch and worked on his ears. He actually hates having his ears or legs brushed, that's why they get the matts. He likes his back only brushed. But I made him sit down and chill. I would rub in some lotion (mmm, lavender tangerine) comb with the matt comb, clip a bit with the scissors, etc. It took about 20 minutes of Dex being an angel, but the matts are gone, and he still has long pretty hair on the ends of his ears. Can't even tell they were there.

Yay! They won't be back, cause he's going to let me brush them or else!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hey Dexter, glad you got your ears done today - it's well worth letting Mom comb or brush them routinely so you don't have to sit there while she snips away at them

love n huggies
Annabelle

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After the conversation under Chouette's grooming thread about ears, and then Gene saying the groomer had cut off part of poor Rumor's ear (and I imagined it being the matt scenario) well I just couldn't take it another second.

I wanted to see the ends of his pink clean widdle ears, and now I can :)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Glad the mats are gone....and the ears intact!! :wink:

I'm going to spend my day after work seeing if I can get some more of Rumor's mats out. My cousin brought over her clippers for me last night. We'll see if I need them! :wink: I think she really brought them as an excuse to meet Rumor...she said not! :roll:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw that was sweet of her. You darned right, if I lived even remotely close I'd be over lending you my clippers, cup of sugar, trivial pursuit, anything to see those doggies!

Do power clippers freak them out? I've threatened to use Kevin's beard trimmer on Dex (especially on his backside, I'm baaaaddd) but am afraid I'd take one swipe and Mr. Braveheart would have no more of it and would look like he ate the barber. So I use scissors on him. I'm no master stylist, but curly doodle hair is pretty forgiving.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENE...if someone went to do a santiary cut on you HOW HIGH would you jump? :shock: hahahhaa

and i am glad to hear Dexter's matts are gone! they're buggers to get out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts