Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Riley has been sneezing and her nose seems stuffy. she's also not totally interested in her food. (she eats it, but not as enthusiastically as normal)

her ears are a little pinker than normal and she's shaking her head and scratching at her ear - they also have an odor - not awful, but its a different odor than normal.

is this a combination of ear infection and allergies (or a cold?) i hate that we can't trust our vet to be objective. we have a call in to our (hopefully) new vet but haven't heard back yet.

i just know if we call the regular guy he'll charge us 300 for a visit and meds, plus a follow up visit...when i'm not sure if she's actually sick...help...!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
WOW that is an expensive vet visit just for an ear infection

AB had an ear infection last month, took her in and got her cheked and got some meds, I don't recall the exact cost but I know it was well under 100.00. I know areas are different, when we moved up here to the boonies, our vet bill was 1/2 of what it was in Fla, but $300. sounds excessive for a short visit to check for ear infec and meds

Good luck, hope you hear back from new vet and can get Riley in today

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well technically i'm guessing, but that was what they charged us when she had a bout of diarrhea. 240 then 60 for a follow up.

did Annabelle show those same symptoms with her ear infection?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
i just got back from the vet and paid $40 so they could tell me
there was nothing wrong..but, the peace of mind is priceless..
be on the safe side.. :wink:

But, $300 for an exam? :shock: i can t see it costing that much
with even with the meds..

but, if there is an infection they ll need to do some lab..and that what ll
cost ya..

for mites there are over the counter and home remedies available..for allgergies some of us have used over the counter releif meds like
Benedryl..

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Brooke, AB was pawing at ear, it was red and when I cleaned it got brown gunk from way in ear and ear smelled so in we went and got her tested, meds cleared it up fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts