Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are changing our new puppy's food to Nutro Max for puppies. The breeder wase giving her Chicken Soup for the Puppy (or something like that) from a feed store. We don't have a feed store handy so we're switching to Nutro from PetSmart.

We're mixing both together to ease the transition.

Here's the question...
Breeder moistened her food, so we've been doing the same. However, the Nutro bag says feed moistened for 3-5 wk old, then dry. Is it ok to just stop moistening her food? She is 9 weeks old.

Also, her stools are not liquid but are VERY soft. Will dry food help with this? She had her first vet visit yesterday and they said she's fine but underweight. Vet said she'll catch up on the Nutro food.

We forgot to mention the soft stool to the vet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi ZMan,

When I took Daisy home she had mud pie poops. The poop would smell so bad that you could smell it from 20 feet away! She also had foul smelling gas. It turned out to be cocidia. It was cleared up very quickly with Albon an antibiotic (perscribed from the vet). Vet said it was very common.

As for the wetting of her food, I did it for the first couple of days. We got her at 8 weeks. I read the bag too, and stopped and she was fine.
It seemed like she liked it better dry anyway.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
LOL I had to laugh because I tell all my parents that their pups are MORE than capable of eating dry kibble, but THEY won't be the ones to tell you!!

Yes your baby can eat dry at 9 weeks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts