Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take Bogie with me to work today since I had so much to do and haven't left him home alone yet. :roll:
That's okay as I plan on taking him as many places as I can.......But the POOR BABY!!
He was in the crate in the back of the Tahoe. I made several stops running in & out of places...........then about an hour later, I stopped where I could walk him.
I went to let him out and walk and he was SOAKING wet! He had drool all over his muzzle and all over his front legs!! Luckily, I had a towel (that's how bad it was) and dried him somewhat. But he was so wet that a 15 minute walk left his muzzle dangling with icicles.
Well.........I had 2 more stops to make and by the time I got in the driveway.....it was the same mess again. His bed in the crate was soaked!
I felt sooooo sorry and bad for him!!
Has this happened to anyone? No vomiting.....just drool?? Does it stop? Because I REALLY, really want him with me! In my kind of work, I can do this! But, he'll be in the car alot.
Vet said try benadryl or Dramamine. I hate to give him a dose of these for only an hour or two....but maybe, maybe it'll help??

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah was exactly like that! Bogie will get used to it, Jonah did, but it took a few months. It does happen still on occasion, but not like before. The more you take him out, the better he'll get! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
drool while in your car is a form of car sickness....Beau used to be like Bogie he's beginning to get better
Peanut upchucks if she's in the backseat
and MR sensitive tummy Max is fine in our truck and loves riding in it

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner did ths (and would throw up also) but the drooling continued longer than the throwing up. We would tie a towel around him in the car.

I found that taking him frequently on short drives to get him use to traveling really helped. Now at 18 months his beard gets wet but not the entire car :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Linda, I have heard on other forums that ginger will help calm them while in the car. Just keep gingersnap cookies on hand and give Bogie a cookie before his ride, it's worth a try. I would rather give him a little sugar than drugs if it were me :wink:

Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A towel and Ginger!! Great idea!!!! Thanks!
Bogie gets a bib today and some new treat! YAY!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL gene! Why not! But now I have to get a really nifty lookin' bib for photo's! hahahaha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts