Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have found the best training treat. It's dried liver. They have it at PetSmart and it comes in a huge white tub. At 12 weeks, Biscuit is achieving a Sit & Wait, Down, and a Settle. He also (with his prong collar) is walking like a pro. We can't wait to go back to training on Saturday and show him off.

I will find the name of the treats if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congratulations, Biscuit! Do you give him a treat every time he gets it right? I have been using Leantreats but I have to break them up.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ah ha. Could that be why Toby has had these terribly soft stools the last two days?? Susan, does Biscuit wear his prong collar to school? The PetSmart here is really snotty about it. They act like I am abusing the Tobster. It embarasses me so I just fight with him at school and walk like a pro at home. :oops:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well, next week I'm just gonna walk straight and Toby's gonna wear his. He really doesn't care what people think....he loves them any way.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Here is an easy recipe for liver treats. Line the tray, easier to remove

1 lb. raw liver 2 cloves garlic
1 box corn muffin mix

Heat oven to temperature listed for the corn muffins. In blender or food processor, mix liver and garlic until liquid. Mix in box of muffin mix. Scrap onto a cookie sheet and pat to about 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Bake until very firm but not burned. Cut into squares. May be frozen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Shannon, I am actually making this stuff today! I bought a bunch of dog treat makings yesterday to make liver treats, cheese treats, doggie brownines... I thought they babies would love it and give me a chance to try out some of my new cookie cutters!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought cool doggie cookie cutters too. I bought about seven different kinds of flour yesterday for the recipes! I know the carry out guy thought I had lost my mind. I had the whole store helping me find ingredients for these recipes--LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts