Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days, Dexter has been over the top wanting to play with Kirby. Even if Kirby is laying down, Dex will come over and bump him and try to instigate play. It seems like sometimes Kirby doesn't want to play. During this time Kirby isn't upset or anything, he just doesn't seem to want to always play.

I guess my question is, should we try to stop this or should we let them work it out? We've been telling Dex to "cut it out" and we even gave him a time out yesterday to get him to stop. It seems like they've sorted out their roles (Dex is dominant) 2 weeks ago, but this excessive wanting to play has started in the last 2-3 days. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
As long as no one's getting hurt I'd let them sort it out. They learn by interacting with each other how to interact with strange dogs as well. It might be good for them to have to draw the line with each other a bit.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Leslie, I would say let them sort it out. The only time we intervened is when we first got Toby (he was 11 weeks) Lani was 6 months and relentless in her need to play. Now they seem to be on the same page (20 months and 17 months).

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
When I first got Miko, Jonah was the tormentor, the beggar "PLEASE PLEASE PLAY WITH ME!!.....NOW!!"
Now, it's more even on who instigates play. Unfortunately...Miko has to do it by barking....
:roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I first got Miko, Jonah was the tormentor, the beggar "PLEASE PLEASE PLAY WITH ME!!.....NOW!!"
yes that sounds like what is happening here :) Kirby has really become submissive and will just lay on his back while Dex jumps over him. However there's no crying or growling from Kirby so I don't think he hates it.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lisarundell said:
Leslie, I would say let them sort it out. The only time we intervened is when we first got Toby (he was 11 weeks) Lani was 6 months and relentless in her need to play. Now they seem to be on the same page (20 months and 17 months).
Same here...Max was turbocharged when we got peanut at 9wks old and he was 7mos old. NOW they also seem to be on the same page, and Peanut sometimes instigates :wink: instead of max, to play

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I don't know why, but i find doodles to be similar to little kids exect no whining of "Mommmmmmmm he said this, Mommmm she did that, MOM tell him to stop "thathahahaaa With my kids, unless i saw blood, i let them work it out. Of course if a "flying" toy hit me, then it was TIME OUT . :wink:

same with my doodles, i let them establish their boundaries unless they're too rowdy and breaking something, Then it's a time out.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
how much dust DID that ball collect? hahhahaaaaaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
anyone remember the chimpmunks Chip and DAle? hahaha Vanessa video whereMija and her buddy are too polite with the ball ...reminded me of that cartoon hahhahaa

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha...yeah that video looks like Dexter and Kirby...ah never.

they're both in a time out right now...we caught them both using our living room sofa as a springboard...again. I hate rainy days!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts