Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Just joined the forum and had a question about setting an avatar for my account. Of course, I wanted to use a picture of my labradoodle puppy Tyke, but the avatars can be no more than 16KB. All of my ordinary snapshots of Tyke that are on my computer are much bigger than that! They are in jpeg format and even though I have cropped and reduced as much as I can, they still seem to be too big! Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks! :D

Kim a/k/a Tyke's Mom

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hi Kim and Tyke and Welcome !

No you just have to resize smaller I think - Gene is the "Genie of Avatars" here and always seems to make everyones work for them.

I imagine he will be along soon and hopefully he can help you out :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gene, Mary and Annabelle! Now you can see what Tyke looks like! At 3 1/2 months, she is quite a handful, but I love her to death!
Thanks again!

Kim and Tyke :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! This looks like a fun forum (and a good place to learn about 'doodles!)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
gene said:
Here I come to save the day......

Go to
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
upload picture...set size to 180....download to your computer, then upload to your profile and we will be happy!! :lol:
I knew you'd save the day - good link, I always just keep reducing in ifran until I get avatar right size

Tyke is a cutie - look forward to more pics and this is a great place, everyone welcomed Annabelle and I with open arms and paws when we arrived here this summer

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Tyke, you sure are a little tyke!!!!! Welcome to you and your Mommy! You'll make a lot of fun and funny new friends here and have a great time! Just tell your Mommy that we all need to see pictures of you growing up from time to time..ok? :wink:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Tyke is a cutie. I hope you will post some more pictures of him. Where in South Carolina are you? We are retiring there in 2 years and are hoping to meet other doodle owners in the area.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'm going to "cutie" for the third time! Also love the name :) !
Welcome - Welcome - Welcome

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcomes! Annie, Tyke and I live in Walterboro, which is less than an hour from Charleston and Beaufort. Haven't taken her to the beach just yet, but so far, if it involves water, she loves it !Unfortunately, that includes toilets - have had to learn to keep the cover DOWN - would hate for her to drown in the toilet!!
Tyke was named for a friend's border collie who used to run with me back in college - I think the energy level must go with the name! Tyke says her mom will post some pics as soon as she figures out how to do that!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts