Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Doodles are susceptible to a sucker punch! Reading about Boo's mishap and the responses to that thread. I see a recurring theme which brings me to question the sanity of the rest of the world from the Doodle point of view. It seems that most Doodle stories are like Abby's--she's too happy and friendly with other dogs, no exceptions. This brings up the question, Did Doodle breeders create a breed of Idiot Dogs? There are some I venture that may suggest that's the case. However having read extensively about Buddha I have an alternative theory. Doodles are a Special Breed that has arrived at total inner peace with themselves and the world==NIRVANA! Immersed in happiness they just smile their way through the day looking for the next opportunity to entertain, engage or otherwise bring a smile to our faces and giggles to our teeth. Abby's latest invention is poking us with her nose. I think it's come from target training. She brings a toy over and pokes us with her nose asking to play. Problem is she pokes hard and at that level it can be quite painful :oops: The other thing she's doing is circles and figure 8's between my feet (she's smiling and grunting). I think she picked up that routine in Key West watching the CATMAN and his cats doing the same thing saying "Hurry up, take your time". :) Of course the Doodle 500, Doodle sit and other unique happy behaviors just reinforce my theory. What say you? Idiot or Genius? The thoughts of others...
Playtime at the Lorelai, Islamorada
[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Genius, definately!
They know how to charm us into letting them do anything they want!
Any doodle worth is salt has his/her owner wrapped around his/her paw by the first hour!
I find myself doing things for my dogs that I would never have done for my children! LOL And I spend much more money on them too!
Yep, Genius!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
SHEER GENIUS!!!!
they are
Very Intelligent, learn quite quickly
Very Nimble and yes catlike at times
Very LOVING and Comical as well
Very good at training US at times :roll: :wink:
Very snuggable too
Very good at the soulful eye look and winning us over even if
they can be a tad mischievious at times :lol:

they're simply THE BEST! :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Definitely geniuses - but, they are such happy, friendly, loving doods, I think they just can't grasp the concept of an aggressive dog.
(P.S. - mtd - are those coconut shrimp hulls from the Lorelei I see in your pictures??? I've been there and they are so awesome - I'm hungry now!! :p )

G

·
Genius I say.

Maya does the walk between the legs thing. She started that after she realized she would not get any attention for jumping. She also is clueless when it comes to other dogs not wanting to play with her but she is so easily distracted that she can be redirected to a "friend".

She is also very hard headed as my BF would say. She will not sit or lie down without knowing she is getting something out of it like a treat, toy, walk etc. (She knows what the command means cause if she was to get something she performs flawlessly)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Uma's a genius. Here's the lastest example that blew me away...

Her birthday was on April 6th and she got a bunch of new toys that she LOVES right now. The past few mornings when I go to work, I've picked up the new toys becuase I didn't want her destroying them and then be sad because they are gone. She always gets them right away when I'm home for lunch and afterwork, but apprently that was annoying her. Yesterday when I was about to leave, I couldn't find the toys anywhere. Later that night my husband found them stuffed in between the couch cushions. She hid them from me!

Genius, I tell you.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hmmmm... Ozzie's a bright and enthusiastic dog, but gives no indication of genius. But then again he's still young. I'll reassess when he's 2 years old.

G

·
Good one Uma! My friends dog does this but she hides things she fished out of the garbage between the couch cushions so it doesn't look like she got into the garbage!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sammy-doodle's a genius, but lacking in the common sense area...

Today he smaked his head on the top of the bottom bunk and then fell off of it while saying good morning and trying to kiss me.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
OMG that photo of Copper is too much!

Dex is definitely very smart...but also very oblivious much of the time...and very very (sometimes too) happy go lucky :) haha...Kirby is much more sneaky (he will trick Dexter into giving up a toy because Dex is in the oblivious mode at the time).

They really crack me up...it's like full time comedy at our house.

MTD - you are too funny...you crack me up too with your posts :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Genius, but too kind for his own good sometimes.......
I always worry that if he seriously had to defend himself
would he do it??????????

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sammy-Doo's Fam said:
Sammy-doodle's a genius, but lacking in the common sense area...
Ha ha! This is standard - the smarter a person (or doodle) is, the smaller the amount of common sense. It seems it is impossible to have brains AND sense! :lol: At least that's what I find to be true.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts