Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dexter and Kirby are currently at their "interview" at Camp Bow Wow. We are going to Vegas for a week in December and I don't want to ask my friend to watch 2 of them for an entire week. Camp Bow Wow makes the dogs go for a day trial first (to make sure they get along w/other dogs.

They "passed" this morning so as long as they didn't do anything terrible during the day they'll be approved to stay. They have a web cam so we were just watching them :)

It's so quiet here :shock: but I did get a lot of cleaning done :)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well we're all back home. I thought they would be more tired, but they're out back playing and running like maniacs :) At least we know we have a nice place to leave them when we go away.

G

·
Leslie,
Which one are you going to? I think I will check out the Bridgewater one near us. I like the webcam idea!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We went to the one in Bridgewater. Last year we used All the Good Dogs in Lawrenceville for Christmas, but it's a hike from us (closer to my parents). I liked the All the Good Dogs a bit more (it was larger with more outdoor room), but I thought Camp Bow Wow was nice (the workers seemed to really love dogs). The doodles seemed to really enjoy it. The energy they came home with was very short lived - they passed out for the past 2 hrs.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Sounds like a good choice for them Leslie....at least you can go away in peace and not have to worry about them, and the coolest thing is that you can seen them every day! Most hotels have computers for their guests use, probably somewhere in the lobby!! :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
That is such a nice service...I am glad you have someone you can trust and that you can watch on the web cam!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
That is such GREAT news LESLIE!!!! congrats.

i am waiting for 2 bow wow's to open soon in rochester :D
and from reading about how the franchise is owned....they have really good rules, services and more.

that must be a relief to know you can board Kirby and Dexter while you go away in the future as that is usually one of our biggest concerns/worries

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would have preferred for this place to have a little more running room for them, but they came home and seemed so happy so I think being around all the dogs and people was enjoyable for them :)

The place seemed very sanitary - they have these robots that go around cleaning all the time. It still smelled like dog, but there were probably at least 20 dogs in there so I think that's to be expected.

They slept like logs last night and even slept until 8 am today...that is normally unheard of :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
How do they stop the dogs from eating, tearing apart, and attacking the robots??? I would LOVE a cleaning robot...it would last, maybe, 5 minutes around here!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Jac said:
How do they stop the dogs from eating, tearing apart, and attacking the robots??? I would LOVE a cleaning robot...it would last, maybe, 5 minutes around here!
I was thinking the same thing Jac and had a picture of Jonah
in mind(Sorry Gene)
Bahhahahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............
Jonah and a cleaning robot is just too funny.................

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha...no they only use the robots in areas where they have removed the dogs :) They have them cleaning the walkways and I think they move the dogs out of the common play areas when they clean there :)

Dexter was entertained enought watching my bissel spot bot clean a single spot - i can't imagine him w/a cleaner that moves...haha

G

·
I take Maya to Camp Bow Wow and she loves it. And I love watchin her on the web came. When she comes home she is so tired I have to bribe her to go outside to potty.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
That's ok....I thought the same thing. Jonah was real brave right now....barking and growling at the leaf vacuum........through the fence!! :shock: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts