Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tanner has a growth on the outside of his lower lip...looks wart like about the size of a large pea. Anyone else have experience with these? :?:

·
Registered
523 Posts
YES! Boyd had the same thing a few months ago. I posted about it. It turned out to be Canine Papilloma Virus. It's very common in young dogs, especially those that go to daycare and/or visit dog parks. Highly contagious!

I opted to have Boyd's removed. The vet said that was the better option over letting them fall off which can take up to 6 months.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did Boyd just have one? How did they remove it? Did they have to put him out?

·
Registered
523 Posts
annieG: Boyd had more than one - he had a single one that was about the size of a blueberry and then he had a cluster. They did put him under (lightly sedated) and it took about an hour.

Tallady: Boyd was kissing "Misty" at the daycare - that is the dog they tracked it down too! :oops:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Results from vet visit for wart

We took Tanner to our vet yesterday and because he has just the one wart, her suggestion was to wait and see if it resolves on its own. She brought out her vet's reference book and in it they suggest that it can take up to 3 months to resolve on its own. He has had it for 1 month so we will wait 2 more unless he gets more. If he does have to have it remove, he will have light anesthesia and then it will be remove with a laser...hopefully that won't happen :cry:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
AnnieG...keep us posted. I am trying to remember who on this forum dealt with the same thing you did, hopefully they'll post soon and give you some insight.

hang in there ((((((((Annie))))))))))))) and hope all goes well with Tanner and youtoo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts