Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 3 LD's that have been born and raised around our yard cats. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced what we have. Our LDs seemed to almost obsessed with the cats. they all play together, but when the cats come in the yard all of them just stop and stare and act kinda strange, it's almost as if the cats have them under a spell of sorts. Very strange. I have heard other LD owners talk abou their dogs chasing cats. I can't say our have never been involved in a little "kitty freeze tag" hehe. Just wondering how the other doods did around he kitty cats??

·
Registered
36 Posts
My situation is a bit different. Our cat is only a month older than our puppy. When the puppy arrived, the kitten had lived with us for about 3 weeks and didn't quite know how to handle the new 'toy'. But quite quickly the cat became obsessed with the puppy, following her around and drinking when the puppy drank. Very funny.

But now a month or two on, the cat is finding that the ever growing puppy is getting a little too rough in the wrestling.

Having said that, the cat still sits next to the puppy and gives her a lick clean every now and then.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver has nine cats and was taught not to chase from day one.
He referees fights and gets in the middle to break them up
and gets a smack regularily from the cats for doing "his job"
All my cats are indoors and Denver is home with them alone every day.
through training we have a very peaceful house.................

·
Registered
980 Posts
The ten year old, 20 lb. brothers Maine **** were here long before Dexter. He learned from a tiny puppy that the cats rule. But he still picks on them relentlessly. I think they like it. When I put a stop to it, they go egg it on. They always have slobbery necks where he has been chewing on them. Tonight him and Mr. Muffin both froze in their tracks and stayed frozen. I went to check it out, and Muffin had a claw embedded pretty well in Dex's ear. They were both afraid to pull away. I separated them peacefully and they went right back at it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
LDs and Cats

Bocker is obsessed with cats...we walks passed our neighbor's dog who is so submissive to him and heads for their cat. Wants to play with them...most don't oblige. Even when we visted Grandma Nancy..he didn't care too much about the dogs; it was the cats he followed into the barn. We had out cat, Knicki, before Bocker. We rescued her and she had no claws. She couldn't stand Bocker...every morning he would stick his big face in front of her and she would proceed to smack him back and forth for a few minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts