Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
we wondered the same thing for maggie's birthday last october. did not really do much, though the kids wanted to invite all the neighborhood dogs to a party. i couldn't bring myself to do that!

what I did do, though, is take lots of pictures through the day (we had a freak snowstorm so the pics were great), and that evening I sat down to write a "journal" as it would be written by Maggie, highlighting the past year and what we did for her birthday (we did make a cake for the humans to eat and we sang happy birthday to her. she was clueless).

Then I emailed the journal entry to her breeder because I am sure her breeder would love to read about how Maggie thrived her first year of life. our breeder was so touched by the email (and a few pics that i attached) she actually put it on her website for others to read (with my permission of course).

so if you are still in contact with your dog's breeder, I would be willing to bet that they would love to read about your dog's past year. i know my breeder said we were the only ones from that litter who did that, and it truly made her day.

just an idea!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Oh my gosh - I just realized our Doodles are from the same breeder - I've read Maggie's testimony on the website!

Who was Maggie's mom? Maybe our doodles are related! What part of Colorado are you in? Do you attend any of the romps?

Heather and Dante

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heather: i just read your post! we got maggie from Adhonay's and her mom was Becca. When did you get your beautiful puppy???

we live in Morrison, and I'd love to know when some romps are. where are you from??

Cmives

1 - 4 of 4 Posts