Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone!! i'll be posting another Doodle rambling blog later this week as Beau is our 3rd doodle. I can hear you all laughing , you can stop it right now ! hahahhaaaa

Ok I do believe most if not all of us have a major addiction: Doodleaholicsis the disease and a temporary cure is getting a 2nd doodle
though i can say it is not a total cure.

The 1st Doodleaholic meeting will be in my backyard next July 2008
I highly suggest you PM me to sign up early as seating is limited and poop duty will be given to latecomers.

Gene....leave the LEG at home and we have chipmunks and a few squirrels
Sue ...my neighbor has western saddles for Denver
Dextersmommy---we'll all keep our money locked up
kathie....does Raleigh go after trees if he can't find logs?
Mindi: will a creek do? no ponds here
Annieg: what kind of wine does Tanner like with his dinner---chardonnay or savignon blanc?
Vanessa: i have baby powder on hand

all others ...Pm your requests

Ok now how did YOU become a doodleaholic? and why?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Even though I ended up with a nervous ninny Doodle, I love all the doodly things Annabelle does, the 500 our of nowhere, ears that flap in the breeze and stay flipped over from time to time and just her loving little Doddley Doo self ! :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I was planning on retiring 05/09 but I will turn 65 next July and will be eligible for Medicare. I could leave early, put Tanner in the car and be there in a week.

Tanner and I both prefer Chardonay :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If Tanner gets wine ... I want BEER (preferably Stella Artois :wink: )

Ebbe

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FoodLady said:
If Tanner gets wine ... I want BEER (preferably Stella Artois :wink: )

Ebbe
Foodlady no problem as that is the Main beer i drink and always have a few on hand

G

·
Is there a 12 step program to help first time doodle parents get through the 6-12 mos period? I swear pod people have come and stole my sweet puppy away!!! The sweet puppy has been replaced by the hellion now living in my house!!! Nothing is safe from her anymore!!! TP rolls...shredded, cotton ball bags ripped open and slung around the room, a hole in my comforter chewed and stuffing ripped out, bill to my hat chewed....all in the matter of 10 min while I was in the shower. And while 3 of her favorite toys were in the room with her!! And for those of you that say don't scold the dog unless you catch them in the act cause they don't know what they done wrong.....Oh she knows!!! I come out of the shower and she is sitting there eyes downcast with a cotton ball hanging off her chin!!! hahahaha so I know she got into something....I tell her we are not friends anymore...(she knows this means trouble) and then she does the doodle eyes and lays her head in my lap and looks up at me (who could not resist that). Fine I say....friends again. Then I have a long talk with her about destroying things and she sits there and looks at me as if she is listening!!

So please doodleholics in a year or two when the pod people have taken my hellion back and my sweet puppy returns and I get the ridiculous idea to get a puppy friend for Maya....please be my voice of reason!!!

PS I thought my doodle was the only non sock stealing doodle until I found her secret stash of socks under the guest bed!!!! There must be 20 socks under there!!! ahahaaha

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Heather ... Your Little Angel will never cease to surprise you!
Ours has decided that anything ANYTHING left on the kitchen island is hers! :?
And woe is you to try to get it from her! Now that she is one I am hoping the behaviour changes, but from what I've been reading on the forum it looks like another 6 mos. to a year before she 'matures'! :shock:
So ... we doodleholics need to step back, and look at it objectively ....

WE DO NOT HAVE THREE LIKE ANNMARIE (oooooo it rhymes!) :wink:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I don't mean to be discouraging or anything but Tanner, who at 15 months usually is an angel, still has his moments. Corners of pillows, crocs, rugs, anything that cries out to him, is fair game. Never...Never let down your guard :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
While he's a standard poodle rather than a doodle, Moses is usually a very well behaved dog... but even he has his moments.

Yesterday I had to run some errands and of course he came along, so ended up sitting in the car for a couple minutes here and there. Well, due to poor planning on my part, he got left in the car for about 3 minutes with a couple bags of groceries. He was in the back seat, they were in the front. He knows better, but there was meat in the bags... and bread... and hey whats a guy to do?!?

So on top of the other bags was a smaller bakery bag with 2 big cinnamon rolls in. When I got back in the car Moses was sitting proud on the seat just looking all innocent... but as I backed out of my parking spot I noticed him reach down to the floor for something. On the floor was the bakery bag, still closed.

So my littlel angel didn't get his treat, but it wasn't for lack of trying... I just came back too soon. lol

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Way to go Moses - you should have waited til Mom was driving down the road to pick the goodies off the floor - she wouldnt have been able to reach around and grab the bag :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
annieG said:
I don't mean to be discouraging or anything but Tanner, who at 15 months usually is an angel, still has his moments. Corners of pillows, crocs, rugs, anything that cries out to him, is fair game. Never...Never let down your guard :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Annieg........dont' you know DENVER is MR PURRFECT and Tanner is MR PERFECT the 3rd......max is the 2nd...all others send in your application so Sue , Annie and I can review for perfectness of your doodle

OH I Haven't gotten any PMs for reservations of the Doodleaholic Romp for JULY 2008......so all you NON Pooper Scooping doodleaholics please Pm and sign up

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I am proud to be a Dooleholik and if it
was not for logistics, we would be going to the Romp. :cry:
We only (currently) have 1 doodle as we do have nine cats.
Today after work I came home to all nine cats in the living room
in various stages of "Catnip joy", I suspect someone(Denver)
Helped them to rip the catnip bag open. He (Denver ) was just
sitting quietly with the cats watching the show. Of course by the time I ran to get the camera everyone disappeared. Nice party they were having.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
OMG Sue, I would have loved to have seen that ! Sounds like they had a great afternoons

Annmarie, Annabelle and I would love to come to the Romp but it's a little far for us :cry:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
sitting quietly with the cats watching the show.
:shock: OMG Sue! Nine 'Nipped' Cats?! :D How funny was that?
And I'm sure our perfect Denver was only supervising and had nothing to do with it! :roll:

I'm thinking we should all just carry cameras 24/7 (or at least when we're around our Doodles!) :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
FoodLady said:
sitting quietly with the cats watching the show.
:shock: OMG Sue! Nine 'Nipped' Cats?! :D How funny was that?
And I'm sure our perfect Denver was only supervising and had nothing to do with it! :roll:

I'm thinking we should all just carry cameras 24/7 (or at least when we're around our Doodles!) :D
So true Mary amd I do believe my perfect Doodle opened the package for them or helped somehow. I need to install a camera................

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright DENVER buddy!!! way to go buddy! hhhahaa

and for those of you ...i would like to plan a doodle romp next July 2008 in mid to late july if possible......BUT it would go from Friday to Sunday or Monday for those of you that live far and/or can even come without a doodle. Remember I have 3 doodles ...i can lend oneto you hahaha

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
MaxandMe said:
alright DENVER buddy!!! way to go buddy! hhhahaa

and for those of you ...i would like to plan a doodle romp next July 2008 in mid to late july if possible......BUT it would go from Friday to Sunday or Monday for those of you that live far and/or can even come without a doodle. Remember I have 3 doodles ...i can lend oneto you hahaha
At the rate Annmarie acquires Doodles, she should have enough for everyone by next summer

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
note to myself as a reminder: scratch Mary's name off the list and put back on POOPER SCOOPER list :wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts