Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kirby is holding steady at 47 lbs despite our best efforts to fatten him up.

The really surprising part is that Dexter is down to 60 lbs! He was at 67 lbs before the summer. He was down to 64 two weeks after we got Kirby and now he's even down more.

Maybe we should up his food a bit. The 2 of them run around and play so much so I bet he's burning a lot more. We have to go to the vet for his annual shots on Wed so I'll ask them...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Porky Princess Peanut weighed in at 60LBS today

Max just weighed in at 78 lbs ....he must have burned up a few pounds running to his crate lately when i go " OK, who did this?!" hahahhaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Leslie I'm sure all that xtra running is burning off the chubbies, AB always goes down some when she has a house guest for more than 2 or 3 days

Ab went to vet yesterday for yearly check and shots - weighed in at 60lbs ! Dr. P said she is looking great, healthy and happy :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner, at almost 14 months, weighs between 51-53 lbs....25" tall...been at this weight for 2 months...just doesn't seem to get any heavier even though he now finishes off his 1.5 cups of kibble every AM and PM. He just started attacking his kibble within the last month...no more leaving it for later.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Oh my gosh!! Porky Peanut is 60 lbs???

I must weigh Coco again and see what she is....
I think only about 53 lbs. Maybe I am wrong....
Coco has always been just a few pounds heavier
than Peanut, I thought. I'll weigh her tomorrow and see.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jett says she's not fat, just fluffy and refuses to state her weight. :oops:

I'm not sure about Copper. It seems like he has really filled out since his last Vet appt. I will have to take him in to get a good weight. I would imagine he is around 70-75 pds.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Diane, that is funny! It must be the hair because at his last appointment a couple of months ago he only weighed around 65 pounds. I was being generous with the 70-75 pound range. Now I am real curious but not about to try to lift him on my scale. :shock:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Lucy is about 50 pounds at 10 1/2 months. Doesn't stay still very well at the vet scale so we don't really have an official weight. Still eats 3 meals a day (or 4 if dad doesn't tell mom he fed her and then she gorges and pukes on the deck) and can't seem to get enough!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Lucy, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are very cute! You've got eyes that "talk", don't you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
JettsMom said:
Lucy, I just wanted to tell you that I think you are very cute! You've got eyes that "talk", don't you.
Thanks, but is that cute comment from you or your mom...makes a big difference to me you handsome guy!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Lucy,

My Mom and I think your eyes talk, too!!
They are BEAUTIFUL eyes....BEAUTIFUL talk!!

Coco :D

8)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the compliments! If I stare at my mom very long she will usually give me a scratch or a yummy treat. It works for me.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
We thought we were out of the woods for the weight thing, but I just brought Sandy to the vet (to pick up flea stuff - ugh) and got the most accurate weight we've ever gotten (for once he didn't freak about the scale - prob. because I put him on it myself without the vet tech interfering) and he is only 29.4lbs at 7 1/2 months. He has only gained 2lbs in 2 months, and has grown to 22"!

I free feed him over 3c per day - the vet tech is letting the vet know (she was in surgery) and I was told to expect a call to bring Sandy in on Friday when we bring Tucker for his annual.

Poor pup - no wonder he still looks so thin when he is wet - I thought for sure he was up to 35lbs by now!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Kristin,

How old is Sandy? Have you asked your vet about increasing his food to 4 cups a day? How big are his parents? Maybe he's just going to be thin. We have tried to put weight on Kirby (he looks so thin), but he's just holding steady. In addition, being summer time, I'm sure Sandy has been extra active - maybe when winter hits he'll put on more weight.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts