Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since we last posted but between the joy's of running your own business and Buster going from Angle to Demon (yes just read the book) between ages of 6 to 8 months, free time has bee a luxury. Well anyway, like many of the other doodles Buster has develop horns, and at 28 inches tall and 80 pounds he's got a good set on him, I do mean his mean his horns. We have been experiencing many of the same issues, remote control eating, counter surfing, rug eating and bedding shredding. All of which have taught me to be in the best mood possible when walking through the front door.

However, just recently Buster threw a curveball that I believe lands in the top of the Doodle ranks. Buster was at home that day because I had clients coming in to the office. This is not normal and usually I secure the house, but I had to leave early so Jennie closed up. Humorously, Jennie did latch the door to her craft room entirely. Well the long story short is that Buster did not touch a thing in the entire room except the can of 3m Super 77 Spray Adhesive. For those of you who have children and have had to get gum out of their hair; I have got you beat. I came home at lunch to find Buster and all his hair (we were going for the al natural look) glued together. He had managed to bite through the can (no physical damage to Buster thank God) and it expelled its contents all down his left side. We are talking bulletproof hair spray here. I would have taken pictures but my first reaction was to sit down and slowly trim/cut beautiful curls away until he was comfortable. I felt like such a bad parent for letting this happen, still do. However, Buster is all well and supporting a much more close cut look. I do want to praise the animal poison control organization. They were able to tell me what to do, and what to watch out for. Below are links to Buster new images. I've waited a little while to let his hair grow back. Please laugh at this his now know at the vet as Buster Glue not Buster Rhymes. Not sure if it is good to be on personal basis with the vet or not, but we get first class treatment.

You all take care

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
1st of all at 80lbs that's ALOT of doodle puppy with mischief galore!!
Buster Glue hahaaaaaaaaaaaa
i am GLAD though he's fine and can only imagine the look of horror and worry on your face!!

and these doodles sure grow horns on and off!

can't wait to hear more BUSTER episodes! :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Maybe he was trying to glue permanent horns on? :shock:

Buster....don't scare your Mommy like that!
Glad he didn't ingest any!
Thanks for sharing the photos, he is a big handsome dood!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Glad all turned out well!!! Who would have thought a dog bitting a spray can?
My little hairball turns 6 months tommorrow. I've been thinking what a good boy he has been & trusting him a little bit more than I have. Now I am offically worried!! :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Last night as we were all heading to bed I read this POST of BUSTER GLUE BOY to my family and fiance.
the Look of shock ----where they lean their necks forward, eyes as big as dinner plates, everyone stops what they're doing and asks:
IS HE OKAY?........i said YES and go on to read rest of story

we not only giggled, but BEAU Buddy here was put in a better light now and we realized his 8mos stage is not as crazy as we originally thought.

Thanks BUSTER!! may you hold it together!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That little event taught us that you need to look around three times and check all doors twice or he'll figure out a way to make a new toy out of something.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh what a messy thing to get into!
Thank goodness all it did was make a mess though... the new close cut looks nice, but I don't envy you at all having to clean up that mess!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts