Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am sitting here trying to sip my coffee while Max has almost every toy he owns at my feet and scattered around the dining room

When I got my caffeine refill I finally noticed: Max has as many toys as a 3-5yr old!!! hahhaha then ok, started adding up the cost:

1) eviserrated 3ft ft long skunk, now squeakerless but tasty $26.99
2) still intact Coleman Moose and Buffalo $40.00
3) 2 Coleman ducks only 1 quacks still $20
4) kong intact and bounces all over the place $priceless
5) fleece squeaker toys constatly replaced... $30 to-date
6)tennis balls in landfill --now stripped of fuzz $15
7) 5 now 4squeaker felix cat without stuffing $9
8) teething ring still working $5
9) Socceer ball at goodwill $1.00 (wow)
10) misc fleece carcass toys floating around $15
and 1 alien sounding ball $7
11) miscellaneous costs : dont' want to add up because one pair of prescription glass with baby teeth marks makes it hard to see out of lens, headphones cord frayed and taped but sound is not optimal anymore

OK, the above costs are only in the past 3mos!!! :shock: :D :lol: 8) :roll:

NEW YEAR's RESOLUTION:
get a promoted to make more $$$$ to buy Max MORE TOYS hahhahaaaa

yes folks, my priorities have finally been set for me by a doodle :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Annmarie:

I am crying from laughing so much my husband thinks I have finally gone over the edge, but I can so relate to the toy dilema. This was Denver's first christmas and of course he was spoiled. I am now counting all the new toys that were destroyed within 1 -2 days, that promised to be everlasting and worth every penny of my hard earned money yada yada yada. Lets just say that out of 10 or 20 new toys (gave up counting )
3 are already in the garbage. Six are in the sewing basket for repairs, along with a whole bunch more that I have not had time to mend yet.
At least nine others are now missing legs, tails etc (these ones are a
hard rubber material that was supposed to last the lifetime of the dog. Maybe some other breed but certainly not a Labradoodle. Next year I think I will just give him Christmas wrapping paper and toilet paper because they last just as long.LOL

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SUE you got me and my fiance cracking up here....hahhaa missing legs, tails, etc

Ok SUE, you now need to admit to being a addicted Doodleaholic

All Others Please READ:
Please donate to Doodleahoics Anonymous as thousands of people round the world are afflicted with a new disease called Doodle-itis. 1 out of every 2 doodle parents on this forum has this money crippling disease. Research is being done to finding a cure. To-date no one has come close to finding one.

Doodlitis symptons: Getting a 2nd job to buying toys weekly, learning how to sew half fuzzy sqeakerless carcasses, looking for missing tails, arms, legs and fuzz. Rearranging furniture for faster Doodle Runs, inviting other doodle playmates, slipping on wet bearded floors, and running to the store to replace quick deathed favorite doodle toys.

How you can help: buy them a 2nd doodle to forget about how much destruction and death the 1st one does to all toys, also kneepads for looking under furniture for missing toys.
OR
Donate to aid in bringing new life to old toys in need of resurrection and/or new doodleproof toys..

Send your donations to:

Doodleaholics Anonymous
1 to 2 Doodle Run
Rush It, NY 10000

You can also call
1-800-Do-itnow

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Annmarie
Not only am I addicted but I am a loonietoon. I am on my way to pick up Chinese food and thinking hmm there is a Bosley pet store in that same mall.
I am certifiable LOL

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blueteal said:
Annmarie
Not only am I addicted but I am a loonietoon. I am on my way to pick up Chinese food and thinking hmm there is a Bosley pet store in that same mall.
I am certifiable LOL
Remember there is strength in numbers!!!
hahhahha high five to ya!!
my fiance and I are the same way :wink:

·
Registered
294 Posts
this was otto Christmas day, the bear no longer exists.
IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/bayswake/cuddles.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
57 Posts
:D I am laughing so hard it is hard to type!! We got Digby a couple of tennis balls and two bags of treats. He destroyed one tennis ball in about 5 minutes but the other has held up. He sits my the cabinet licking the door and stares like the treats will come out by DESP (doodle extra sensory perception) and has the cat joining in.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Angie I am soooooooo sorry to hear about the bear :oops: :cry:
HOWEVER Otto himself looks like a cuddly giant teddy bear!!! he's simply gorgeous! Is he a F1B??

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Okay, I can join in this...I don't even DARE count the cost...moving to a place in the country nearly 2 hours from work so that your doodles will be happily running through the mud and then your house... paying over $300 per week on dog food, toys and chewies...then you might want to stop counting... :lol: :lol: We did. :oops:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Chester and Archie got snowmen squeeky toys on Christmas morning. By that afternoon Archie had destroyed Chester's then went to work on his own. I was glad they were VERY cheap.
He already chewed off the Fat Cat Mad Cow's ears!
Oh yeah...I have this cute lighted garland running up our stair railing inf the foyer...It won't be there next year because the plug in now sitting next to me in the family room...attack of the Archie.

·
Registered
853 Posts
:lol: Ha-Ha! Oh yes, the purchase price of the puppy is nothing compared to the price of replacing things that they destroy! Doc ate several pages of Chronicles in my Bible, and the other day he ate a bunch of pages of Daniel, so now I think I will throw it away and buy another one since I am doing a study in Daniel! He seems to like books and magazines right now! :shock: :(

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Along with having Denver I have nine cats, they have the same toys that they had 6 years ago, a little worn but still in use. Mind you I have to keep them hidden now and they can only play with them when supervised because of the Denver Doodle. He would destroy their toys in no time.
A funny story for those who have cats. Denver insisits on making friends with the only cat in the house who does not like anyone, people dogs nothing. This cat hisses and smacks him constantly yet he tries(we watch these two carefully to avoid injuries to either) Well you guys are all familiar with how Doodles like to use their paws, so when the cat smacked him he lifted his paw and very gently smacked her back. What did the cat do? A little later on she went over to his crate and went in and promptly peed on his head, while he was sleeping in it. Denver was off to the shower to take care of his pee pee head and the cat(her name is Storm) is probably telling all the other cats what she did. LOL

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sue ...I think Storm has the perfect name :wink: poor Denver :cry:
NOW how do you supervise 9cats,their toys and Denver???
just had a visual and whoa!!! hahhahhaaa

years ago I had a cat Daisey that hated just one dog only and used to be so nice till he got up close and then used both paws to attempt removing his nose whole...darn dog fell for it daily and I felt like a vet in apprenticeship

I love cats but my fiance says CATS are sneaky ( saying it like in the movie mr deeds) hahhahhaa

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
another funny story about doodles & cats - while we were visiting family over Christmas, we were staying with our son. He has a cat, Caramel. Cinnamon has always been leary of Caramel (a BIG orange male) and he (Caramel) knows it. Caramel chases Cinnamon - not the other way around. It's funny to see this 60lb + dog being chased by a 12lb cat. Cin will run to one of us with a look that says "HELP!!" Caramel won't run when it's time for Cinnamon to try to chase him, though. He stays and smacks her nose with all the hissing sounds that a cat can muster. Good thing he's declawed! Such a brave dog! :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahhahahaa I LOVE IT!!!

Last month Max was 5mos old and my daughter has a 3lb tabby kitten OSCAR who he hell on wheels. Anyway, max was scared of this tiny kitten he was 45lbs then. we couldnt stop laughing!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok Angie, I have to ask hahhaha
what does naughty mean???

doodles are never naughty!!! :roll: just comical curious doodles is all :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
LizzieDoodle got a George W squeaky doll for Christmas, which she attempted to destroy immediately. She ripped his right leg off in about 1/2 hour. Our politically sensitive doberwoman was offended, so rescued & guarded George for several days. Everytime Lizzie managed to "get George" she quickly removed a body part, then the doberwoman rescued & guarded him. Now, we're left with Torso-George, and the game continues.

LizziesMom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts