Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had surgery and I think Chester has been protecting me from Archie. Chester is 2 and Archie is a rambunctuous 6 month old puppy. If Archie comes running toward me Chester moves in for the block. It is really quite cute and a bit of a relief.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
How sweet :) It's amazing how they pick up on things. I hope you are mending well, sounds like you have some great help there :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Annette, I hope that you get feeling better soon!
I think that you are absolutely correct. They KNOW! I have see similar actions on so many times...I believe that there is so much about dogs that we don't understand or comprehend...and the more time I spend in my "pack" the more I realize that they are each individuals, with their own percepeions and their own reasoning...and one thing is for sure, their loyalty and love is evident in everything they do.
I feel so blessed.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its as if Chester is sensitive to someone's ailing. I wonder if it is something they just have or something they develop. The mysteries of our Doodles!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I bet Chester would make a wonderful therapy dog, have you ever considered that?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I had a mini fat poodle that was so sweet, we signed up with a local group that visited the hospital and nursing homes. it was easy, they gave me some training and I had a TB shot and provided the doggys shot record and we got to go visit people. it was so fun!

if your area doesnt have that you can call nursing homes directly and ask if you can visit with your dog. a lot let you because the patients love it so much.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Here is the link to Therapy Dog International, you should get a lot of info from this site. Gracielou (Linda) has several of her dogs certified as therapy dogs, maybe she will see this post and give you some ideas.
I think it would be very rewarding and lots of fun for you and Chester.

Have fun :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts