Discussion Starter #1
Ok, those with mulitple dogs/doodles may have seen this? and it's funny

my 3 have to sit and wait till i say OKAY , then they can eat
USUALLY they eat sooooooooooooo fast ---NOT Today hahhahaaa

MAX is either changing or Teasing BEAU!! :wink:

this morning I swear it took max 15-20 min to eat his food
he'd take few kibbles and chew, take a few more look up and chew
which drove BEAU insane hahahhaaaa
working towards eating only 3 tiny kibbles at a time ever so slowly hahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
When DONE though he left some which he freely let Peanut and Beau have some.
he started this earlier this week.

hahhahaaaaaaaaaaa so is Max teaching them he's boss or just maturing?
I don't know and could care less all I know is that he took good ole time and it was funny. I found myself almost going wow he's taking a long time

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
finally!

Max has been a real softy with BEAU since he's a puppy still.

I've warned this house there may be a few dominance squabbles as Beau has now hit puberty hahhahaaaaaaaaaa

it's like having 3 little kids again :wink:

should get real interesting with doing obedience classes with Beau on Sat and Max on wed's.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Miko is the last one to finish in my multi-doodle house. Jonah gets his food first, then Miko, then Rumor. Jonah and Rumor scarf, Miko eats slowly, which she has always done. The past few days, she's been just laying by her food and when Jonah or Rumor approaches, she growls and snaps, then eats a little. Repeat this for about 10 minutes and you have meal time at my house! :roll:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Miko still keeping the boys in line
Good girl.
The cats eat first here and when I put down Denver's food
Alpha female cat goes to see what is in there. If there is some
chicken then she helps herself and Denver waits.
Anytime a cat goes by his bowl and show interest he lets them in to sniff
and then he goes back to eating...............

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SUE so what you're saying is
CATs Rule
Dogs drool? :wink: :D

and seriously i think it's great Denver is so good around your cats due to your training with him

·
Registered
126 Posts
Frankie and Tucker have always eaten at the same time out of seperate bowls that are in the same holder. All of a sudden, Frankie goes over and looks at his food, always the right dish, then lays down until Tucker finishes. Tucker never eats anything out of the bowl on the right side, but Frankie waits until Tucker is done. Sometimes it's heartbreaking to see Frankie laying there waiting.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
MaxandMe said:
SUE so what you're saying is
CATs Rule
Dogs drool? :wink: :D

and seriously i think it's great Denver is so good around your cats due to your training with him
Thanks Annmarie
It did take a lot of training, but when you bring a puppy into a house
that already has nine cats it is a must. The cats do rule and that is
the way it is, but when a dog comes over to play with Denver and they go
near one of his cats he growls and will not allow them near the cats
so he must be ok with his role in this wacky animal house that Hubby
and I are allowed to live in...............

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
hmz819 said:
Sue I sure hope you replace the chicken for poor Denver!!! That is great he is so good with cats.
We always make sure Denver gets his and the cats really only eat a little
of it and that is just because they can.
Here is a picture I ran a while back of Denver waiting for Jade to try
some of his chicken

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Charlie is the KING of tease. If both dogs have a rawhide treat, Lucky gobbles his up in minutes. Charlie works on his slowly and then when Lucky is done, he walks around with it in his mouth right past Lucky over and over again. Same thing with meals. For awhile Charlie was eating his quickly to make sure Lucky didn't get it but now he knows I won't let Lucky eat his food so he takes his time. The more Lucky watches him, the slower he works.

Deb

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner always waits for Humphrey to finish his food then he gets to lick to bowl. At 20 lbs. Humphrey seldom leaves anything :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Tanner always waits for Humphrey to finish his food then he gets to lick to bowl. At 20 lbs. Humphrey seldom leaves anything
it's funny because Dex does the same thing with Kirby. Dex learned very early on that Kirby will not allow him to go into his food bowl while he's eating, but when they're done Dex always runs downstairs to see if Kirby left anything behind :) He never finds anything...

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Moses and the cat eat inside together. Neither seems to mind at all sharing their dish with the other.

Outside, Canada and her 2 remaining pups are a different story. The male pup has decided HE should be boss, so he grumbles and growls when Mama and sis eat... Mama grumbles right back at him so they both just keep eating and grumbling. LOL Sis just grabs a mouthful and retreats over and over again.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tonight was funny!!! Max refused to eat at 1st and stood STARING at Beau waiting to make sure he was eating before he went back to his food bowl hahhaaa
then max ate one little kibble at a time! hahhahaaa
peanut stood at a distance watching as she was done and Beau kept thinking he could weasel his way in and HELP max finish dinner

things should get more interesting here as BEAU matures
and remember both are in obedience class now on separate days

1 - 15 of 15 Posts