Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's never a dull moment w/Dexter...I just got back from taking him for a long walk (Kirby is at the vet getting his neuter stitches removed). We encounter 3 young children on the walk. The one little girl (probably 3 yrs old) runs over to Dexter (Dex is always good w/kids but I still worry he would lick them and scare them so I was on alert). I failed to notice the large stuffed whale she was carrying - was just about to say "Dex leave it" when he grabs a good hold of it in his mouth. Now in his defense, she basically walked up to him w/the large stuffed toy in an outstretched hand so I can't blame him for grabbing it.

So I say "no Dexter, drop it" and am able to quickly get it from his mouth explaining to the child that he didn't understand it wasn't for him...I also appologize to her mother who said "oh it's fine". So we're walking away and I hear this child crying "there's dog slobber on it...WAAAAAHHH"...I couldn't help but laugh...the crying continued as we walked away.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Those stuffed animals are irresistible to our doodles! Poor Dexter was probably quickly envisioning a soon-to-be carcass when he had to give it back. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhahahhaaaaaaaaa LESLIE sorry i am laughing soooo hard!!! there's slobber on it hahhaaaaaaaa I could just imagine Dexter doing this and looking like "what?" hahhahaaa

years ago my bluetick coonhound "Beacon" would do the same thing every friday, take my friend's child's candy ....it got so bad i kept the same bag of candy in my house :roll:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Way to outsmart a kid Dexter....I'm impressed! A++

Mija....get out that study guide I sent you, time to "bone-up" on the sneak and run technique! But you get a b- for effort!!

Jonah

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Go Dexter - hey she offered you the toy !

Mija I dont understand why they won't set a place at the table for you when they know you like what they are having :wink:

Huggies
Annabelle

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Vanessa........... hahhahhaaaaaaaaaaa your little MIJA has SPUNK :D :wink: and i can hear your friends going "ooooooooooo" you had to be mutterring under your breath hahhahaaaa

Think MIJA was being like a 4 yr old and showing off her smarts and pushing your buttons big time :wink: kids and dogs do that :roll: The more spunk, spice and smarts ...the more "laughs" they give you they're called memories and stories to tell at a later date hahhaha LIKE HERE :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts